New Latex mattress and needs help
Apr 10, 2011 2:28 PM
I recently bought a latex mattress and now i have an upper back and shoulder pain on my first sleep (I'm a side sleeper). Anyone can help me on this one. Here's my set up: 3" latex Rejuvenite 19ILD and 6" dunlop core (28-32 ILD tri core). 

which one you would recommend?

• adding another layer of latex topper.
  • adding 2" memory foam
  • or a fiber bed

Any other recommendations?

Re: New Latex mattress and needs help
Reply #5 Apr 11, 2011 1:52 PM
meerymargan wrote:

I think it's a problem of both bed and pillow you should replace it after all it's a matter of your care and body.I also had same problem like what you have then i asked to my dear friend that what should be done she suggested me to buy Dunlopillo mattress then I purchased it from mattressnextday. you should also purchased the same.The benefits of having a Dunlopillo mattress are Resilient and long lasting.Conforms perfectly to your body's contours for the superb comfort and back support.

A lie....

I have tried a dunlop mattress and believe me even the softest one is rock hard. Don't waste your money.

And look out for posters with 1 post. usually they are trying to sell you something. You know Spams..

This message was modified Apr 11, 2011 by xyz1ab
Reply #6 Apr 12, 2011 3:06 PM
You get out of life exactly what you put into it.
I know the product you purchased well and I do not believe it is a problem with the mattress components. If anything, it's the pillow choice. The topper you have "Rejuvenite" has been working great even for those with fibromyalgia. It could also be that you just need time for your body to adjust to a new sleeping surface. Give it a month, try a different pillow and see what happens. FYI, dunlop comes in many firmness levels and I have seen even super soft so if anyone tells you that all dunlop if super firm they just don't know the facts.
Reply #7 Apr 12, 2011 5:19 PM
If you add any memory foam, I wouldn't add more than 1" of memory foam.  If you end up adding anything, I would only go another inch of 14 ILD latex.  Any more than that, you risk getting it too soft and creating back pain.  It could be that your 3 inches 19ILD is too soft and you are feeling the dunlop base through it.  It might have been better to have a little more support before hitting the hard dunlop.   I agree that you should give it a little more time before doing anything and then the pillow is the first thing to look at.  Just my opinion based on personal experience.  Good luck.
This message was modified Apr 12, 2011 by Sall

Recent Posts