Need info on Technogel
Apr 14, 2012 6:59 PM
Hello!

I am looking into getting a new mattress.

I want something that doesn't transfer motion a lot, so I can stop getting yelled at at night... And something that sleeps cool also.

I am looking into Technogel, but I haven't been able to find one single review on it!

Has anyone tried one at length?  Anyone heard anything?

I'm stuck!

Thank you!

Re: Need info on Technogel
Reply #7 May 26, 2016 9:50 AM
Triplethefunmom.  It would be great if you were able to get temperature numbers.  That would be really interesting.  You might want to consider a 2' piece of latex on top of the bed.  It should sleep a little cooler and might give you enough elevation for your shoulder.  Mattdud

Quote:

I own this mattress and am looking to give it away. It cost a fortune and it is extremely hard! I initially wanted a product that would help me sleep cooler, but this mattress does not even do that. I remember now the salesperson being extremely careful with his words when I said I needed gel to cool me off. He said that the gel would distribute the heat evenly, but he was careful not to agree with my assertion that gel would solve my hot sleep problem. What he said turned out to be true. It is my lower back that gets hot, and not my feet or arms. I checked the area of the mattress just under my lower back and it was actually quite warm, although dispersed a small amount to the right and left of my body. The area under my feet and arms was room temperature. Tonight I think I will put a surface thermometer on it and test the temperature differential, but it really isn't necessary to get that specific for this review. I just want to let everyone know 2 things:

1. This is a VERY firm mattress. Not for a side sleeper (like me).
2. This mattress will NOT cool your body. If that is what you want, try one of the mattresses that promotes air flow (I forgot the names of these, but they come in both memory foam and traditional innerspring varieties. I will probably go with innerspring next time, because being less dense, it probably has better air flow.

As far as transfer of motion, I expect that this mattress will likely do well in that department, but as I have a split king, I don't have need of that feature and it doesn't really apply to me.

Good luck!

Recent Posts