Need Some Help/Advice on Tempur-Pedic
Jan 23, 2012 5:15 PM
Folks, 

I sure could use some help trying to figure out which Tempur-Pedic mattress to purchase. Candidly, I’m overwhelmed by the number of different systems they offer, and not sure what to do. The mattress will replace a 7 year old Sleep-By-Number bed that frankly I never liked. Both my wife and I wake up with lower back pain almost every morning, along with some other aches and pains in the shoulders and neck. On my SBN bed, I usually have it set at 85, my wife keeps her setting around 50. We are both in our early 40’s, tall and in decent physical shape… 

My biggest worry is trying to figure out the proper balance of firmness, while not feeling like I’m sleeping on concrete. Support, given our back pain is critical. Tempur-Pedic has so many different types of foam, and thickness therein, it’s hard for me to figure out the right one…  I keep going back and forth between a Cloud or Cloud Supreme, or the Contour Select/Signature… I’ve even looked at the Rhapsody. My biggest concern is how soft is the Cloud, and how much softer will it get over the years, -vs- will the Contour Select/Signature feel like sleeping on a slab of concrete. I’ve read some reviews, and it’s still hard to figure it out… 

Any advice? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Need Some Help/Advice on Tempur-Pedic
Reply #3 Jan 31, 2012 7:21 PM
PC4CAB wrote:

Folks, 

I sure could use some help trying to figure out which Tempur-Pedic mattress to purchase. Candidly, I’m overwhelmed by the number of different systems they offer, and not sure what to do. The mattress will replace a 7 year old Sleep-By-Number bed that frankly I never liked. Both my wife and I wake up with lower back pain almost every morning, along with some other aches and pains in the shoulders and neck. On my SBN bed, I usually have it set at 85, my wife keeps her setting around 50. We are both in our early 40’s, tall and in decent physical shape… 

My biggest worry is trying to figure out the proper balance of firmness, while not feeling like I’m sleeping on concrete. Support, given our back pain is critical. Tempur-Pedic has so many different types of foam, and thickness therein, it’s hard for me to figure out the right one…  I keep going back and forth between a Cloud or Cloud Supreme, or the Contour Select/Signature… I’ve even looked at the Rhapsody. My biggest concern is how soft is the Cloud, and how much softer will it get over the years, -vs- will the Contour Select/Signature feel like sleeping on a slab of concrete. I’ve read some reviews, and it’s still hard to figure it out… 

Any advice? 

Thanks in advance!

There really arent that many different levels of tempurpedic, but there are different models in each level. The contour line will be on the firmer feeling side and the cloud will be on the softer side. I think there is more of a distinct difference in the feels between the different cloud models than there is with the contour line. The quality level is the same when comparing the same line and the difference will be in the comfort and that part will be personal preference. From what you have describe to me I would suggest trying the cloud and the cloud supreme.

Recent Posts