MountainAir Sensations
Feb 4, 2008 11:33 AM
Has anyone tried this mattress from Denver Mattress?  It is their version of a chambered air mattress support (like Select Comfort) with a 2" latex (possibly Talay but maybe Dunlop) top comfort layer.  What does anyone think of this combination where a bad back is the main concern and pressure point relief is secondary.  Thanks
Re: MountainAir Sensations
Reply #2 Mar 16, 2008 8:58 PM
it has been awhile since you posted our message...did you get the MountainAir?  I am considering this bed with the topper?  I bought one of their beds in Aug and it gets more uncomfortable each and every night.  DMC said they will do a one time exchange and I thought I might try the air bed?  any thoughts or suggestions/
Reply #3 Mar 26, 2008 9:34 PM
Polarbear - I did not purchase a bed yet.  Since I didn't get any replies on this forum, and the saleguys at DM are really pushy, and I haven't heard very many good things about DM, I have put off my looking around.  Tempted to buy one of their Doctor's Choice spring beds and try some latex toppers over the mattress....  Sorry for the delayed reply - I haven't been checking the forum much since it hasn't been much help as far as DM.
Reply #4 Mar 28, 2008 4:50 AM
I wouldn't buy anything from a pushy salesman. You know they are only interested in one thing. Making a sale. Look around elsewhere. You should feel comfortable before you buy the mattress as well as after.

And I agree with Jim. Don't buy a mattress with a built-in topper. Comfort levels with latex are very personal. You're better off adding your own topper that can be exchanged for a different ILD or thickness if you need to tweak it, or easily replaced down the line if your needs change.

Recent Posts