Mid-Range ($300-$600) Memory Foam Mattress Help
Sep 12, 2011 10:08 AM
Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a memory foam mattress in the range of $300-$600 and am unsure of which one to purchase. I'm a stomach sleeper and believe that a firmer mattress would be best. I've read on this forum and others that density is a key ingredient in the purchase in regards to durability of the mattress, which is one worry I have when purchasing a memory foam mattress.

Looking at mattresses in this range with a higher density than average (4lbs), Aerus seems to do pretty well in reviews, but some customers complain about it feeling like clay or the mattress running too hot. In addition they don't have the best BBB rating and their warranty is only for 5 years. 

Others such as Sleep Innovations or Lucid by Linen Spa sold on Amazon are reviewed very well, but seem to have a cheaper 3lb density to them and I'm afraid they won't hold up over time. In addition, there is very little literature by their companies that provides a proven warranty that would back their product.

Finally, I've looked at the BedinaBox mattresses. They provide a great amount of information about their product and their warranty, and their trial period seems second to none at this price point. Their PacBed 9" mattress only carries a 3lb density, but they state that their foam is the best. However, it seems that they weren't reviewed well on this site a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen many reviews lately. 

Any direction and/or comments you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you! 

John

This message was modified Sep 12, 2011 by jmoss69380
Re: Mid-Range ($300-$600) Memory Foam Mattress Help
Reply #3 Sep 14, 2011 11:40 AM
nightowl720 wrote:

Hi John,

We bought a Spa Sensations 12" Theratouch Memory Foam mattress from Walmarts website. It's a king mattress and we put it on our boxspring set (which is only 5 yrs old). The cost was under $500! I have back problems and so far I love this mattress! We have been doing mattress shopping and research for months.  I would recommend it!

Good Luck to you :-)

Barbara

Barbara,

Thank you for the response. I've seen that Spa Sensations does very well review wise on WalMart and they seem like the only mattress with a 5lb density in this price range. My only worry was their BBB Rating ("F"). I think it has come down to them and Aerus. Thank you!

John

Reply #4 Sep 14, 2011 11:46 AM
jeff8407 wrote:

We are very satisfied with the memory foam bed we made using foam from FBM.  4" of 5lb foam, with 2" of 7lb foam (Overstock) and 2" of 4lb foam placed in that order.  The bed is very nice, offers good support and is a fraction of what Costco wanted for a comparable mattress.  The 7lb foam we have is either the Aerus or Venus brands--I think they are the same company, maybe?  Anyway we are very pleased.  My son likes the bed so well it is now in his room instead of at the vaction house...

I can't comment on your other brands, but I have used the Bedinabox and was not satisfied.

Jeff,

I've heard a lot about foam by mail. The one worry I have with buying from them is the return costs and short trial period if I don't like it. It seems like you have to pay a bunch to send it back. Any opinions on that?

Thanks!

Reply #5 Sep 14, 2011 3:14 PM
John,

Welcome to the forum.  Inexpensive memory foam is a crap shoot.  I can tell you after everything, you have to go with the company you like over the phone.  I caled many of them.  I bought a topper online from driftawaymattress because of the phone conversation I had with him.  I must also tell you, one of my friends deided to buy a bedinabox and was very upset with the quality. 

Good luck in the search.  It's not easy.

Recent Posts