Mattress Pad/protector
Jul 25, 2011 8:53 AM
Yesterday we took the plunge and purchased our Serta iComfort Genius King mattress after much research.  Now comes the HW of which pad/protector to purchase.  We currently have a basic mattress pad on ours, but it is not waterproof. I have never had a waterproof protector. From some reviews I have read that some are very plasticky feel.  Our main goal is to protect the mattress the best possible way, but not lose the feel of the mattress by adding to thick of a top pad.  I have been reading past topics and it looks like I have narrowed it down to:

1. Protect a Bed Premium protector - Pro's about this protector is that it is waterproof but not sure the feel.

2. Natura Washable Wool-Filled Fitted Mattress Pad - Returnable if not liked from a couple of online stores

3. St. Dormeir mattress protector - Have a Duxina about 1 hour away. It appears they package the protector in their own packaging, but it is a St. Dormeir. Not sure on return policy.

If whoever has experience with any of these brands and they can share their feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again for all your help.

Re: Mattress Pad/protector
Reply #2 Jul 25, 2011 3:08 PM
Definitely take the waterproof one. If you decide to exchange your bed, there better not be even a pinhole size mark or stain on it, or they won't take it back.

After you've decided to keep the bed, you can then put any pad you like on it.

I did exchange my mattress and it was so thoroughly examined I was half expecting the guy to pull out police crime scene instruments and UV lights! I was glad I used a waterproof protector so knew the bed was pristine.

Recent Posts