Latex Mattresses in Los Angeles?
Jan 3, 2012 12:50 AM
Hey everybody!

I'm a new user and have been reading tons on this forum trying to learn about latex mattresses. I'm probably going to buy something from mattresses.net, but I'm still trying to determine what I like. I've only found one true all-latex mattress in LA so far, a PureBliss. I liked it, but would like to try some other beds as well and at least make some comparisions. Does anyone know a place in the LA area that stocks all-Latex mattresses?

Thanks!!!

Mike

Re: Latex Mattresses in Los Angeles?
Reply #31 Jan 17, 2012 12:53 AM
prego08 wrote:

Jaxon Home in Culver City carries Savvy Rest mattresses.  Never been since they close usually around 6 and it is hard for me to make it before then, but I plan on checking it out.

Thanks for this info. I live near Culver City and never heard of this place but will check it out now.

Ortho Mattresses carries some 80-99% synthetic latex mattresses by Stearns And Foster. S&F makes different mattresses for different companies and these are only sold at Ortho. I think they're overpriced for synthetic latex but sometimes they are on sale. Also know that whatever the price posted on the mattress you can usually get it at about 40% off that. They work off commissions so walk out and try another salesman on another day. Sometimes a salesman is willing to go to rock bottom just to make a certain quota. I imagine this to be true at most mattress stores.

I may check out the place in Santa Monica too.

Reply #32 Jan 19, 2012 9:04 PM
I looked up Jaxon Home on the net. They have a really useless web site! Totally useless with zero real info, and absolutely zero info on any mattresses. But it's not far from where I live so I'll have to go there one day and see what latex mattresses they have just for fun. Looks like a very expensive kind of store so I doubt I'd buy anything there but it might be fun to look at a Savvy Rest mattress if they do have one.

I also looked at the Essentia web site and I only see mattresses with latex plus memory foam, none with pure latex. I didn't look thoroughly but that was what I got from their site. Also their mattresses look way overpriced, to me. If I'm ever near there with time on my hands I might stop in just for fun though. 

Reply #33 May 17, 2012 9:40 PM
Hi, I live in LA and just spent two weeks researching organic mattresses. I lucked out and found a new (still in plastic) http://www.thenaturalbedstore.com mountain plush mattress and foundation on Craigslist for $1200. It is a bit firm so I need to get a topper. I just saw an Essentia mattress (new in box) on Craigslist for $1300...always a good source. Beds Etc., The Clean Bedroom and PJs has some nice latex beds as well. Robert Cramer (rcdesign.org) can special order Royal Pedic beds at a discount and latex beds with coconut coirs. Good luck!
This message was modified May 17, 2012 by aplethoraof

Recent Posts