Latex Mattresses in Los Angeles?
Jan 3, 2012 12:50 AM
Hey everybody!

I'm a new user and have been reading tons on this forum trying to learn about latex mattresses. I'm probably going to buy something from mattresses.net, but I'm still trying to determine what I like. I've only found one true all-latex mattress in LA so far, a PureBliss. I liked it, but would like to try some other beds as well and at least make some comparisions. Does anyone know a place in the LA area that stocks all-Latex mattresses?

Thanks!!!

Mike

Re: Latex Mattresses in Los Angeles?
Reply #1 Jan 3, 2012 1:33 AM
Mike,

www.myessentia.com  They have a Santa Monica location.  We drove out there today, but they were closed for the holiday.  I'm researching the latex mattresses as well.  It seems like most of them are on-line that are 100% natural, but Essentia is 100% natural and they now have a location in Santa Monica.  I also found one on the SAMS Club website too called Eco-Green Latex Matress.  My concern is that I'm allergic to wool, and the all natural ones have wool.

Good Luck,

Sherry

Reply #2 Jan 3, 2012 2:47 AM
Thanks Sherry!

It looks like theirs are all "natural memory foam" in addition to latex. I don't really like memory foam and they're probably out of my budget anyways, haha. I'll have to look into Sams Club. 

Thanks!!

Mike

Reply #3 Jan 3, 2012 2:56 AM
I researched the Eco-Green's a bit. Apparently they are a thin piece of latex on top of regular foam. It may be a nice mattress, but its not all latex. Thanks for the lead, though!
Reply #4 Jan 3, 2012 1:10 PM
Mike,

I found another company called Foam Sweet Foam in Lake Forest (Orange Country) (800) 452-6114.  They have all 100% Natural Latex as well and a showroom to lay on them.  Sams has another 100% Latex and it's called American Sleep Organic Item # 190001  for $1,999.  This is the absolute cheapest thing I can find anywhere for 100% Latex and I've put about 4 full days of research into this so far.  If you find anything else, please let me know.  On the Eco-Green one, the memory form part of it is Soy based 70% and then the rest is other.  I talked to the manufacturer direct today.

Sherry

Reply #5 Jan 3, 2012 1:48 PM
duplicate post
This message was modified Jan 3, 2012 by megalops
Reply #6 Jan 3, 2012 3:41 PM
Thanks, Sherry!

I might try to get to Foam Sweet Foam. Sounds like an interesting place. I found out PJs Sleep in Hollywood carries some latex mattresses, so I'm gonna check them out this week if I can.

I've also been talking to the guy at Mattresses.net. I asked him about making me something like the Pure Bliss mattress that is 2" 19 ild, 2" 28 ild, 6" 36 ild and he recommended 3" 22 ild over 6" 33 ild as a close match using the materials he has available. He'll build that and ship it to me for about $1400. I'm probably going to do that.

I'll let you know if I discover any other places.

Thanks!

Mike

Reply #7 Jan 3, 2012 3:42 PM
megalops wrote:

duplicate post

I don't think we got your original post! :-)

Reply #8 Jan 3, 2012 4:29 PM
If you haven't already, you should use the "Search" function and put in "LA" or "Los Angeles" for past recommendations.  I don't remember any  on LA but it is worth a shot.
Reply #9 Jan 3, 2012 5:39 PM
I've tried that, though I find the search function on this forum to be pretty hard to use. Sooo many threads of unrelated stuff comes up. Wish you could search titles only and topic by user only. I have unearthed lots of good info, though!! :-)
Reply #10 Jan 3, 2012 6:09 PM
Jaxon Home in Culver City carries Savvy Rest mattresses.  Never been since they close usually around 6 and it is hard for me to make it before then, but I plan on checking it out.

Recent Posts