Keetsa natural mattresses - opinions?
Dec 18, 2011 11:40 PM
Hi guys, 

Any opinions on Keetsa mattresses?

I made a post on here a while ago about my girlfriend and I looking for a mattress that met some solid eco-friendly / natural / organic qualifications

We've done extensive research on brands like Essentia (pretty decent organic qualifications but very verrrrry expensive), also brands like Natura, Greensleep, Soma.

There are only a few stores here (Toronto, Canada) that actually have showrooms/floor models of beds by these companies we can actually lie down on.  Some of them have some ok organic/natural credentials but are also in the $2500-$3500 range for a King mattress (which we are looking for.

But today just discovered Keetsa, who appears to be a major manufacturer of these green/eco/organic type beds.  The ones we are looking at is their "tea leaf" line.  I know these are a mix of latex and coil spring.  I'd almost prefer that mix rather than it be 100% natural latex / memory foam.  I know calling a bed "tea leaf" might just be eco marketing jargon though, even thought the bed is partially made with tea leaves.

I've read a LOT of positive reviews of Keetsa on yelp, so I'm quite surprised it didnt come up when I was doing google searches on organic/natural beds previously.

Re: Keetsa natural mattresses - opinions?
Reply #4 Jan 2, 2012 3:39 PM
We too have been searching for the same thing down here in Florida. Locally the eco-friendly / natural / organic beds are $5K to $8K for a king size. We've decided to instead order from Flobeds. Flobeds offers a 100 day money back guarantee, and prices between $2700 and $3400 delivered for their king size version under their current 15% off promotion. Their bed is almost identical to the ones I've seen locally utilizing the exact same 100% natural talalay from LTI. The Flobeds version is even better as far as I'm concerned because it comes with a completely removable cover, and I can replace the cores.

Although their entire bed has not been Oeko-certified, both the LTI latex and the wool they use have been: http://www.flobeds.com/Oeko-Tex.htm

Re: Keetsa natural mattresses - opinions?
Reply #5 Apr 11, 2013 3:00 PM
Keetsa is made in China. You can't trust anything made in China. Plus it ships clear across the ocean so super un-eco friendly.

Made with petroluem products and polyester blended fabrics. 

Recent Posts