Keetsa natural mattresses - opinions?
Dec 18, 2011 11:40 PM
Hi guys, 

Any opinions on Keetsa mattresses?

I made a post on here a while ago about my girlfriend and I looking for a mattress that met some solid eco-friendly / natural / organic qualifications

We've done extensive research on brands like Essentia (pretty decent organic qualifications but very verrrrry expensive), also brands like Natura, Greensleep, Soma.

There are only a few stores here (Toronto, Canada) that actually have showrooms/floor models of beds by these companies we can actually lie down on.  Some of them have some ok organic/natural credentials but are also in the $2500-$3500 range for a King mattress (which we are looking for.

But today just discovered Keetsa, who appears to be a major manufacturer of these green/eco/organic type beds.  The ones we are looking at is their "tea leaf" line.  I know these are a mix of latex and coil spring.  I'd almost prefer that mix rather than it be 100% natural latex / memory foam.  I know calling a bed "tea leaf" might just be eco marketing jargon though, even thought the bed is partially made with tea leaves.

I've read a LOT of positive reviews of Keetsa on yelp, so I'm quite surprised it didnt come up when I was doing google searches on organic/natural beds previously.

Re: Keetsa natural mattresses - opinions?
Reply #2 Jan 2, 2012 10:20 AM
IMO, it was the pillowtop that failed. A mattress might be perfectly fine under it, but it seems every pillowtop will get cratered and hammocked after a short time, even  on very expensive mattresses since most of them are filled with inferior foam.

sianspheric, if you decide on this brand of mattress (or any other) just get a regular one and skip the PT. You can always make a firmer bed softer, but cannot fix large body impressions.

Reply #3 Jan 2, 2012 2:30 PM
I have a Keetsa Pillow Plus as well, which I bought about 5 months ago.  The sales experience was great, and at first the mattress was the most comfortable thing I'd slept on in years.  However, within about 2 months, the mattress had softened up and lost its support to the point of being as saggy and uncomfortable as the Tempurpedic Deluxe that it replaced.  Technically I'm out of the 90 day return period, but will get back in touch with the great sales guys and see if there's anything we can do.

Bottom line:  great marketing and sales team, fairly eco-conscious, but in the end the mattress we bought there has been a disappointment.

Reply #4 Jan 2, 2012 3:39 PM
We too have been searching for the same thing down here in Florida. Locally the eco-friendly / natural / organic beds are $5K to $8K for a king size. We've decided to instead order from Flobeds. Flobeds offers a 100 day money back guarantee, and prices between $2700 and $3400 delivered for their king size version under their current 15% off promotion. Their bed is almost identical to the ones I've seen locally utilizing the exact same 100% natural talalay from LTI. The Flobeds version is even better as far as I'm concerned because it comes with a completely removable cover, and I can replace the cores.

Although their entire bed has not been Oeko-certified, both the LTI latex and the wool they use have been: http://www.flobeds.com/Oeko-Tex.htm

Reply #5 Apr 11, 2013 3:00 PM
Keetsa is made in China. You can't trust anything made in China. Plus it ships clear across the ocean so super un-eco friendly.

Made with petroluem products and polyester blended fabrics. 

Recent Posts