Keetsa Mattress vs. Natura Mattress
Oct 25, 2010 4:13 PM
We are looking into buying either the Keetsa (non-toxic) Green leaf supreme mattress or the Natura Serene mattress, just because they are the only healthy mattresses that I could find in our price range in the Houston area (if anyone knows of any others in town please let me know).  I am hesitating on the Keesta because I have read several reviews on other sites about the odor the mattress gives off, they say it is not toxic but ones has to wonder. Also, them being manufactured in Chine bothers me some, because I am not sure if they follow the same standards as the US.  Does anyone have any first hand experience with this particular mattress.  If so I would love to hear your review of the mattress regarding the odor, quality, etc..

The other option we are looking into is the Natura Serene mattress, this seems to be a new mattress, because I can not found any reviews on it.  I am more familiar with this company, so feel a bit more comfortable buying it, but would love to hear anyone's review of the mattress.  Thanks!

Re: Keetsa Mattress vs. Natura Mattress
Reply #2 Oct 25, 2010 5:26 PM
I am one of those who believe that "non toxic memory foam" is almost an oxymoron. That's not to say that there aren't different levels of toxicity in the many that are available though and the level of outgassing and toxicity is also very different among different types of brands and foam manufacturers. The Keetsa seems to be among the better ones as far as "memory foam toxicity" goes and at least is using castor oil and probably a reputable foam manufacturer. I believe that memory foam as a whole uses even more "nasty chemicals" than regular polyfoam.

If I was choosing between just the two (and I'm also biased towards certain materials but not brands), I would choose the Natura as well.

FWIW, "Keetsa", "Theratouch", "mattress in a box", "icoils", and "biofoam" (and perhaps brands using the combination of silver science, charcoal, and green tea) are most likely connected to Zinus either through ownership or through the supply chain and I haven't been able to confirm exactly what memory foam any of them are using although I'm guessing it is most likely an American supplier.

Phoenix

PS: oops, I take it back. This is from the Keetsa Q&A page "We source our mattresses from an exclusive manufacturer in China." Still doesn't say what the actual foam is though so the mattress could be made in China with American foam ... or to American specs ... or could even be from a high quality Asian or Chinese foam producer ... or not

This message was modified Oct 25, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #3 Oct 25, 2010 7:44 PM
I would shun, wherever possible, products made in China.  They simply do not have the same standards for consumer safety as we do in North America.
Reply #4 Oct 25, 2010 10:22 PM
I almost got a Keetsa because of the cute salesgirl, but then I found this forum. :)

Ended up doing the FoamByMail thing and haven't looked back.  Had great service at Keetsa though, they were not pushy at all, which I really appreciate.

Recent Posts