Just give up and use a airbed?
Sep 8, 2009 2:50 PM
Anybody ever give up for awhile on getting a good mattress and buy a $50 airbed?  I say this because the mattress I have now causes me great pain, and it's only a year old so I need to save up for another one.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of buying one of those $50 airbeds and using it because the couple of times I slept on one, they were the most comfortable things.  Not aesthetically pleasing in a bedroom but this is just a temporary thing until I can afford a new mattress.  I can't afford to wake up so sore and miserable every day?

Anybody every do this?  Was it comfortable?

Re: Just give up and use a airbed?
Reply #13 Sep 23, 2009 9:17 PM
Thye just aren't worth the money if you ask me!
Reply #14 May 4, 2010 3:40 PM
I have found that the big airbed-type air mattresses can be extremely comfortable if you use them with a foam eggcrate topper, a proper cotton mattress cover and a fitted sheet. The eggcrate somewhat moderates the bulgy feeling of sleeping on air, and the mattress cover lets it breathe, 

I would be tempted to try this full time, but the air mattresses I have used over the years always seem to develop leaks fairly soon, and even when they do not have leaks lose enough air that they need to be pumped back up every few days or weeks, which means the feel and comfort are change from day to day and it is hard to keep it just where you want it. Otherwise I would probably be sleeping on one now.  There may be better quality air mattresses that will hold it longer, but I have only used the Coleman-style camping ones.

Reply #15 May 21, 2010 2:56 AM
I think you might be on to something. But I heard they sleep cold. My brother use to have a blue one with the velour velvet feel on top. He kept it in the back of his SUV,mmmm wonder why he kept it there?,lol

anyways have you tried just throwing a few layers of latex on the floor like those college kids do on youtube?. they seem happy.

Recent Posts