Jamison Gemini 100% Latex
Jul 19, 2011 2:18 PM
We are looking to purchase a new mattress and are interested in the latex because I have some lower back issues that are often made worse by spring mattresses. We like the 100% latex because we have heard the foam in partial latex mattresses can break down over time. Does anyone have a Jamison Gemini latex mattress? Has it held up well?  We want something that will hold up and not sag, and were hoping to get some reviews for such an expensive purchase. I would love a little guidance on this!
This message was modified Jul 19, 2011 by burney00
Re: Jamison Gemini 100% Latex
Reply #1 Jul 20, 2011 2:16 AM
Type this into the search bar in google:  site:whatsthebest-mattres.com jamison gemini.  There are a few article about jamisons.  No reviews for that particular mattress in the reviews section.  If you are interested in all latex quality mattress, there are some online vendors that have quality products without emptying your savings account.  But you would have to purchase without test driving the mattress.
Re: Jamison Gemini 100% Latex
Reply #2 Nov 6, 2013 1:04 PM
In this thread, someone stated that Jamison did not make a 100% latex mattress.  The Monarch/Emperor is supposed to be 100% latex though may be a blend of natural and synthetic.  Apparently the bed is a 6" core, plus two 2" layers of softer (though I cannot determine specifics).  The mattress presumably "flips" to allow a plusher feel on one side and a firmer feel on the other.  I believe the firm feel is done with the 6" core covered by a 1/2 inch (.4") of soft latex, though I find it difficult to fathom that a .4" layer of foam would do anything at all other than take the edge off the firm.  And Maybe that is all that it is intended.

The layers of foam are "adhesived" together so is a little more difficult to "change out".  I read that someone had suggested using an "exacto knife" which I would expect on a king size bed, for example, could take a great deal of patience.

Recent Posts