I finally tried a McRoskey mattress. Not bad! Not bad at all!
Aug 17, 2008 3:32 AM
We just spent three days up in the city (San Francisco), so I decided to take the antique Chicago street car down to the McRoskey store. I've never seen their mattresses "in person" until now. Unfortunately, I couldn't spend as long as I wanted to trying them out. I had a lunch date with my family. But, I did lie down on a Firm with Firm boxspring and, I have to say, it was very comfortable. The salesman had me lie down on the same mattress on a rigid foundation. Wow--what a difference! I preferred it with the true boxspring. If I had the money at my disposal, I would consider getting an Tall Twin set to take the place of my zippered mattress set JUST TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE in how they feel. And, if the McRoskey would hold up in time.

Has anyone here slept on a McRoskey or known someone who did? And, if so, how DO they hold up? I know it's flippable and needs to be turned regularly. I was just wondering if they keep their shape for several years with proper care? Does the cotton/fiber compress after awhile to make it hard? Are their depressions or lumps? I've been so brainwashed with all the fluffy foam in mattresses nowadays, that I'm in awe of how something stuffed with cotton and some polyester fiber and nothing else can hold up. :) I read where people truly love their McRoskeys! I would still like to hear from someone else first hand. They aren't cheap, that's for sure!

Gee, I wish I had my own mattress showroom at home where I could line up a few quality mattress sets and sleep on them alternately. :)
Re: I finally tried a McRoskey mattress. Not bad! Not bad at all!
Reply #2 Aug 28, 2008 6:20 AM
Never heard of this bed before, so a little google search turned up this blogging: http://designerjones.com/2005/05/01/mcroskey-airflex-mattresses/

Seems they like it.

Recent Posts