I added 3 inch Latex topper. Need additional advice pls.
Oct 26, 2012 5:40 PM
I want to thank each of you for your advice in helping me get a better nights sleep!

My background is I have a king-sized Tempur-pedic original bed which is eight years old. It's too firm for me and has caused many aches and pains while I sleep. I followed the advice many of you gave and purchased a 3 inch Talalay topper full twin xl 19 for my side. It has helped tremendously.

I feel like I need a little bit more cushion to eliminate the few lingering aches.

What would you recommend I buy to add more cushion?  I've noticed that many bed manufacturers use latex, memory foam and regular foam. Should I purchase a regular foam topper to go underneath the latex or memory foam?

Re: I added 3 inch Latex topper. Need additional advice pls.
Reply #1 Oct 26, 2012 5:56 PM
davebarr7 wrote:

I want to thank each of you for your advice in helping me get a better nights sleep!

My background is I have a king-sized Tempur-pedic original bed which is eight years old. It's too firm for me and has caused many aches and pains while I sleep. I followed the advice many of you gave and purchased a 3 inch Talalay topper full twin xl 19 for my side. It has helped tremendously.

I feel like I need a little bit more cushion to eliminate the few lingering aches.

What would you recommend I buy to add more cushion?  I've noticed that many bed manufacturers use latex, memory foam and regular foam. Should I purchase a regular foam topper to go underneath the latex or memory foam?

Using my Latex research, and considering your memory foam to be the core, I would consider inserting 28 ILD Talalay Latex under the 19 ILD to increase the cushion response.  The 19 ILD gives you the surface touch comfort, the 28 ILD gives you deeper plunge, and the memory foam core gives you the firm support.  Of course, they all sort of interact... my suggestion is to basically to deepen the comfort layer without making it too soft... I would go no less than 28 ILD Talalay.

However, you are building something big and possibly not too elegant.

GK

Re: I added 3 inch Latex topper. Need additional advice pls.
Reply #2 Dec 5, 2012 10:59 AM
If you are looking for a little more comfort, not sure that a latex topper will be the best mattress topper for you. A wool version will provide plushness whilst latex is more support focused. Mutliple toppers can tend to distract from one another as well, I tend to stick to one high quality topper at a time

Recent Posts