Help! Looking to buy a mattress from GRR - Provider to cruise ships
Jul 15, 2012 8:11 PM
We just returned from a cruise (Oceania) and the bed was incredible.  After doing some research, I discovered that a company called "GRR" provided the mattress - I think - for our ship.  The link to what seems to have been our mattress is:  http://www.globalresourceregistry.com/index.php?file=onearticoli&form_id_articoli=25&id=25.

According to GRR, the mattress is made in Italy, and it features "unique pillow top is constructed from quilted Anthos Fabric with aromatized Camomile fiber and super comfort water gel. The zip-in/zip-out pillow top can be removed at any time giving you a 2 in 1 mattress. Engineered with a special pocket box spring system with 7 different supporting zones and with 400 individually placed springs. All these key elements combine to provide you with the best sleep you have ever had."

I can't find out much about this company or whether these claims make any sense.  Does anyone have any advice or guidance?  Thanks much!

Re: Help! Looking to buy a mattress from GRR - Provider to cruise ships
Reply #1 Jul 16, 2012 1:51 AM
boone1 wrote:

We just returned from a cruise (Oceania) and the bed was incredible.  After doing some research, I discovered that a company called "GRR" provided the mattress - I think - for our ship.  The link to what seems to have been our mattress is:  http://www.globalresourceregistry.com/index.php?file=onearticoli&form_id_articoli=25&id=25.

According to GRR, the mattress is made in Italy, and it features "unique pillow top is constructed from quilted Anthos Fabric with aromatized Camomile fiber and super comfort water gel. The zip-in/zip-out pillow top can be removed at any time giving you a 2 in 1 mattress. Engineered with a special pocket box spring system with 7 different supporting zones and with 400 individually placed springs. All these key elements combine to provide you with the best sleep you have ever had."

I can't find out much about this company or whether these claims make any sense.  Does anyone have any advice or guidance?  Thanks much!

Since you tried but couldn't find much info about this store,i thing it is a local store or just open.Thus i advice you to thing two twice before you make your purchase.

And it's also quite helpful to check out its products suppliers and find more details about the products.Hope you can find the best.

Reply #2 Aug 2, 2012 11:48 AM
Might the manufacturer only supply to cruises, hotels etc, rather than individual customers?

I take that back, I just noticed on the GRR website that they are a "Home, Hotel and Cruise Ship Supplier". I can't find any reviews online about the GRR Prestige mattress though. My guess is that the features are accurate as they are a major supplies to a cruise line, but unless you can find someone that already owns one, it'll be difficult to know for sure.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2012 by a moderator
Reply #3 Aug 28, 2012 8:55 AM
Hello everybody,

the mattresses supplied to Oceania Cruises are completly manufactered in Italy by Matermoll srl.

GRR is the official Matermoll's distributor in USA.

On GRR website is possible to buy alle the products supplied to the ships.

kind regards

This message was modified Aug 28, 2012 by matermoll

Recent Posts