Help With Latex Pillows
Dec 26, 2010 8:57 PM

OK, OK so it's the mattress forum, not the pillow forum...but I could not think where else to go.....:)

I like the latex bed we bought so much I am thinking of buying a latex pillow..any recommendations on what to look at and what to avoid.  I currently sleep on a Tempurpedic MF Pillow, but it is dipping due to age ( I guess you would call it a very firm pillow).  So I would not likely want a latex pillow that is very soft...any assistance would be appreciated.

PS, I did a search for Latex Pillow and got a zillion hits; not much help as they all seemed to be addressing mattresses.

Re: Help With Latex Pillows
Reply #5 Jan 1, 2011 9:37 PM
I haven't done any pillow surgeries so I can't help you there, but I also am interested in latex pillows and wonder why in general people haven't discussed them much here (since a great mattress won't matter much if your pillow isn't any good). I've tried lots of different pillow types, but I always end up going back to down. The latex pillows I tried in the past were solid, and I never liked the way they felt. Now I see there are "shredded" latex pillows out there, which seems like a better idea. Even better, there are combo pillows out there now, for example the Rejuvenite Harmony pillow, which combines shredded latex and down (http://www.rejuvenite.com/_product_61051/Harmony_Pillow). Sleepys sells a brand called Oodles that is similar (http://reviews.sleepys.com/1361/MGOODL/reviews.htm). Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these. Thanks.

Steve

Reply #6 Jan 2, 2011 6:16 PM
Lately I have been using this shredded latex pillow that I bought from costco.com  It is made by Natura, even though they don't say that on the website.  It is a pretty good height for me, and I like the shredded latex more than a solid latex (though I have not tried those much).   Before this pillow, I have been using down for about 15 years.   However, sometimes I sink into the down too much overnight and end up with a sore neck. 

I have some 1" strips of Sensus memory foam that I put in the pillow cover under a down pillow.  That it improved it a bit, but I have been sticking with the shredded latex as my #1 pillow. 

Latex can be a bit firm for my taste, but I like the consistent support. 

Reply #7 Feb 14, 2011 11:55 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Queen (size) Embrace Firm Latex pillow by Dormia. I'm a side sleeper with broad shoulders and have had trouble finding a pillow that was substantial/tall enough, yet simultaneously soft enough for comfort. It's usually about a $85 item, and at first I thought it would be a little too tall/firm, but the store where I bought my bed threw it in as a gift (since I'd liked it while I was in the store trying out the beds) and so I gave it a try. It took me about 3-4 nights of sleeping on it to get used to it. The main thing I had to get used to was not messing with it like I've had to do all other pillows - scrunching them up, punching them down... This pillow by itself is perfect but it took my body a few days to trust it. Now it's my favorite pillow. Worth a try. :)

Recent Posts