HELP, back hurts on soft mattress and shoulders hurt on hard mattress!
Apr 6, 2011 1:52 PM
I have lost over $3,000 over the past year with mattresses and am getting fed up.  I am a side sleeper and have tried to train myself to sleep on my back for months and it just isn't working.  When I sleep on a soft bed, my lower back hurts.  When I sleep on a firm bed, my back feels fine but my shoulders hurt.  Anyone have any recommendations on a solution?  THANK YOU!
Re: HELP, back hurts on soft mattress and shoulders hurt on hard mattress!
Reply #3 Apr 7, 2011 3:40 PM
ZV938 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried a soft latex and a hard latex topper and it doesn't seem to work for me.  Do you think the V Zone Flo Bed will work?

If I was looking for a new mattress, I would try the zoned V-zone or check into Custom Sleep Design that will custom design a zoned mattress for you based on your specs and sleep position.  As it is, I've modified my layers to try to simulate those of Custom Sleep Design in Connecticut and it does work.  Their web site is clunky and they don't always answer the phone but there have been some good reviews here.  I actually bought a pillow from them and it is great.  The guy is an ex-executive of Latex International and should know his stuff.  Do a search for some recent thread on them.

Reply #4 Apr 7, 2011 4:30 PM
I have it and love it, go with the VZONE!
Reply #5 Apr 7, 2011 8:57 PM
If you tried the topper and it did not work, then I would try the FloBed VZone. I have a FloBed Latex Kit and I love my bed.  The Vzone was not out yet when I ordered my bed but the concept seems to be the right idea.  I am just comfortable with my set up but I am also petite. I also feel the right Talalay Latex Pillow at the right height would help align your head and not put pressure on your shoulders.

Recent Posts