Getting rid of a Hastens bed
Sep 16, 2010 11:36 PM
I hate to say this, but I think I screwed up big time. I bought a firm Excelsior model a little over a year ago back when I was a single guy.  Met the soon to be wife shortly after getting the bed and guess what? The mattress absolutely kills her back because her body type isn't suited for a firm mattress.  At first I was in denial and thought she might be able to adjust to it, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Now... she hasn't said that the mattress has to go, but unless we want to sleep in separate beds for the rest of our lives (I don't), something has to give. Between this and paying for medical school, the bed simply must go. 

Does anyone have any experience with selling a used high priced bed? A luxury bed must be one of the most illiquid assets one could own, so I have no clue what to do in this scenario. I'm really weary of using Craiglist for a high priced item like this. Friends and family aren't interested and the credit from selling it to Hastens is measly.

Ross   

Re: Getting rid of a Hastens bed
Reply #21 Oct 13, 2015 2:21 PM
If anyone is interested, I am selling our almost brand new Hastens Auroria for a fraction of the original cost.

Almost a brand new Hastens King Size (AURORIA) mattress (still in the original box), purchased less than 1 year ago for a vacation home that was sold and slept on 3 times with a separate topper. No pets, no smokers, brand new condition!!

New Hastens Auroria mattresses retail for $12,180, so this an opportunity to own a legendary Hastens mattress in brand new condition at a deeply discounted price. Comes with full 25 year Hastens warranty, paperwork and includes shipping costs. Please contact me at natalia902@gmail.com if interested.

$8,000 or best offer.
Auroria King Size Mattress (Medium)
Comes with full 25 year Hastens Guarantee
The mattress is in Manhattan, NYC. Contact me if interested and I will share pictures!
Reply #22 Oct 14, 2015 8:14 AM
Hi.Rosstamon
you should try putting it up for sale on Ebay , Good luck !
Reply #23 Dec 27, 2015 11:04 PM
I'm selling my son's Hastens with topper. Twin in great condition. I have no experience selling premium used beds. Any ideas. Or interested parties?

Recent Posts