Full-sized Mattress on Queen-sized frame - Bad for Frame?
Dec 28, 2007 6:24 PM
Thanks to the helpful threads on this board, I'm weeks away from purchasing my first latex mattress. However, my new queen-sized bed frame has already arrived, and I'm wondering if it would be bad for it to put the old full-sized mattress on it until my new Queen mattress arrives.

Do you think it will damage the slats/frame? I'm thinking about how the weight will not be distributed all the way to the edges of the frame, just the center. It's a West Elm tall bed frame, and I really want to open it and set it up ASAP to check it out  -- I've heard some things about West Elm and damaged shipments and defective products.

Thanks!

Re: Full-sized Mattress on Queen-sized frame - Bad for Frame?
Reply #2 Dec 28, 2007 8:24 PM
Hmm... in the product description I'm looking at, it just says that you can use it with or without a box spring - nothing about using a mattress that's smaller than the frame... Although it does say it's strong - hope I can believe them!

>>west elm's tall wood bed frame is designed for use with a mattress and box spring or with a mattress only; substantial solid pine slats form a strong foundation. Assembly required. Available in chocolate, acorn and white.

Recent Posts