Found Omalon topper!!!!
Sep 25, 2009 10:15 PM
Go to   http://www.domestications.com/Products/Mattress+Pads/Silouhette+O
I think the link will work, otherwise try typing it in or search.
Kait
Re: Found Omalon topper!!!!
Reply #2 Sep 26, 2009 2:38 PM
Omalon topper <a href="http://www.domestications.com/Products/Mattress+Pads/Silhouette+Omalon+Zoned+Mattress+Pad/10001/11200/J15538x/R/15538A_T_ROS">link</a>.
Reply #3 Sep 26, 2009 2:41 PM
Omalon is visco-elastic foam? I thought it was a more conventional foam...What does it feel like?
Reply #4 Sep 26, 2009 8:48 PM
electracat wrote:
Omalon is visco-elastic foam? I thought it was a more conventional foam...What does it feel like?

I paid like $29 for mine (Twin) at Penney's years ago! Inflation!
As to what it feels like, it's nothing like memory foam, so I would not classify it as "visco-elastic", not at all. I think that may be an error.

It's like a very firm, very springy type foam. Not as springy as latex but springier than HR, and firmer than most toppers.

A guy told me that he highly recommended it as a base foam for someone like me who isn't wild about latex (This refers to an all-foam mattress; I think with springs latex doesn't bother me.)

I have used mine at various times and have liked it. It is what you might call pre-crushed. It does not wear out as fast as other foams because they've pre-crushed it to break it in, so to speak.
Reply #5 Sep 27, 2009 5:54 AM
Wow--really pricey! And if you check the dimensions, not even true to mattress size so you'd have to go up a size and pay even more or come up short on the sides. Now I REALLY regret missing out on the opportunity when Penney was closing them out for $29!
Reply #6 Sep 27, 2009 4:30 PM
They definitely labeled it wrong. It is NOT visco-elastic (memory) foam. Not even remotely the same. Another poster described it more accurately. A very stable, compacted foam. Perfect for under something like the softer and cushier CuddleBed or another thick and soft mattress pad or topper. Gives a firm, but not rock-hard base.

electracat wrote:
Reply #7 Sep 27, 2009 7:37 PM
Say, Beddy-Bye, does your Cuddlebed squish out under your heavier areas?  My down-alternative polyfill mattress topper, not Cuddlebed but I think similar, squishes out under my rear and then my back starts to hurt a little bit.  So I try to fluff it up but it is not that easy because it is in pockets of fill.  No idea how it gets out of its pocket, but it seems to.  Do you think I'd be better off buying a Cuddlebed to get the softness I need?
Kait
Reply #8 Dec 26, 2009 4:26 AM
I'm just now reading this! Sorry! :( I haven't posted in awhile. I guess that's a GOOD thing--it means my mattress feels great.

As for your question: No, my Cuddlebed hasn't squished down at all. I'm impressed at how well it's held up. Now I also have one of those down alternative feather beds with larger squares of polyfill. I tried that once before I got the Cuddlebed and it definitely left depressions. What a pain to have to shake it out to even out the fill. So, here it sits, folded up in a corner. It's HUGE (King). It's very billowy, but just not supportive enough. The Cuddlebed, on the other hand is much "tighter" and while it's soft, it is NOT like a marshmallow or deep cloud. It's just right for my back. I have it over an Omalon topper (which never squishes down--guaranteed for life to keep its shape.) Wonderful combination!

Kait wrote:
Say, Beddy-Bye, does your Cuddlebed squish out under your heavier areas?  My down-alternative polyfill mattress topper, not Cuddlebed but I think similar, squishes out under my rear and then my back starts to hurt a little bit.  So I try to fluff it up but it is not that easy because it is in pockets of fill.  No idea how it gets out of its pocket, but it seems to.  Do you think I'd be better off buying a Cuddlebed to get the softness I need?<BR>Kait
Reply #9 Dec 26, 2009 3:06 PM
Thanks, Beddybye!
I love my bed, too, but wander through this site anyway.   I had a double polyfill mattress topper on my mom's bed(she lives in an adjoining town), and she started complaining that her back hurt and her bed was too soft...so I took it.  MUCH nicer than mine...so I put it sideways across our CA king, and put the twin across where the knees/feet are...works fantastic!  What a difference!  My hubby likes the feel too.  I cannot remember where I bought this one...but I think it must have been at Target!  My original one got soft and squished out so quickly and this one holds it shape very well.
I will note your solutions for later...there is some PU foam in my mattress that one day will need to be addressed.
Kait

Recent Posts