Flobeds
May 6, 2010 1:44 PM
some questions:

1. Does flobeds foundation need to be assembled at home when you get it?

2. what is it made up of? metal or wood?

3. what flobeds latex configuration would be best for person with low back pain?

My weight is 205-210 pounds, sleep on side, prefer medium surface with support

what company do they use to deliver the mattress and foundation?

thank you

This message was modified May 6, 2010 by firstposter
Re: Flobeds
Reply #5 May 6, 2010 10:33 PM
I bought the pine slat bed frame (with the organic cotton cloth covering) and it was very easy to put together. It came in two pieces that are connected together with strong clips which can be taken off also if the frame needs  be taken out of a skinny doorway.  The legs screwed into the bed and were easy to remove and easy to make tight again since I changed the legs twice to get a taller bed to store clothes under my bed.  Dewey or Dave overnighted headboard brackets to me when my Wesley Allen Iron headboard was delivered. This is why I wanted the bed taller for my new 6" headboard despite my height being not quite 5 feet tall.

Since my car accident in August 2007, I now join the world in back pain that I never had.  My back pain lessens so much when I go to bed due to the comfort of my bed but after the car accident I had to make the bed even firmer to help my lower back and Dave allowed a few more exchanges past the 90 days. The bed is the most comfortable bed I ever slept on due to spending the time to get the latex cores just right for me.  For me, All Extra Firm and Super Firm latex cores with only a 1" soft topper over them works but I am very petite and someone much bigger than me may like the 2" latex topper since they will sink in further to feel the firmness underneath for the back support.

UPS Delivered the boxes and even did pick-ups for my latex exchanges until I found that it was easier to have my friend put the boxes with the exchanged latex cores in my hatchback so I could drive it to the Boxes N More place that does have a UPS place inside and they carried the boxes in for me and took care of everything.  This way, I did not have to leave the boxes outside or be home for them to ring the doorbell and I could make the exchange right away.  But they usually did come quickly when I called in for a pick-up.  It was easy for me to pack up the latex cores I exchanged using my vacuum cleaner and a friend to tape the bag the latex core came in that I got in exchange.  I wish I started out firmer since I always slept on a very firm bed with no pillowtop.  The reason why I started out much too soft despite always liking a firm bed since I was told that for my height and weight, I should go softer but my back likes a very firm bed. I feel the firmness advisor should ask what firmness level bed has the potential latex bed buyer always slept on and liked.  My bed is very firm and supportive with a little give to give me cushion and comfort that makes for a good night's sleep.

Re: Flobeds
Reply #6 May 6, 2010 10:35 PM
P.S. I sleep on my side.  If I was heavier, I may have liked more cushion but Due to my petite size, I did not sink in enough to feel the support underneath so I am very happy with only a 1" soft cushion over my latex cores that are zippered up in the very comfortable FloBed mattress cover.

Recent Posts