Flobed/latex questions -- please help
May 31, 2009 3:56 PM
Hi all,

As a result of this forum and your amazing input, I'm seriously considering moving to Latex and have zeroed in on Flobed, Savvy Rest, Royal-pedic, or OMI/Organicpedic. I have several outstanding questions I would greatly appreciate your help with:

FLOBEDS

-- Does anyone know why Flobeds' website reports their queen mattress is 1/2" shorter in length and width (59.5" x 79.5")? I might use it with an existing foundation and headboard, so want to make sure there is a flush fit.

-- Does anyone have the Flobeds oak foundation with drawers? Wondering if that can be used (1) with a headboard; and also (2) with a bedskirt.

-- What is their policy on reselling latex pieces that have been exchanged as part of their generous comfort policy? I'm squeamish about used mattresses even if protected by a cover. I recall reading a thread here about that somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore.

-- Has anyone tried their 12" set with the euro-slats -- and if so, does this combination work? I know some folks have suggested that euro-slats only be used with thinner latex configurations.

-- Is there just one size mattress cover, or are there different sizes depending on how many layers you use? How much flex is there in the mattress cover, in terms of how many inches of latex layers you can fit in without being too tight or too loose?

OTHER QUESTIONS

-- Has anyone had experience with the OMI Organicpedic latex mattresses, particularly the David version -- and if so, can you provide a general report on quality, etc.? I can't seem to find anything on it onw this forum. A google search  reveals very little except a few great reviews.

-- Same with the Royal-pedic and Savvy Rest. How do these compare with the Flobeds in terms of quality/workmanship and look (I know comfort is subjective and I know some offer one type of latex over the other)?

I am hoping to get a mattress set soon and would appreciate any input on the above, Many thanks!

Re: Flobed/latex questions -- please help
Reply #1 Jun 5, 2009 10:12 AM
I feel bad that no one is answering your questions but I am in the middle of a NJ Amnesty deadline.

The latex cores are brand new that come with your newly purchased FloBed mattress and so is the topper.  When you exchange cores, you do get latex cores that someone else sent back but most of the cores sent back were inside a zippered up sturdy mattress cover that keeps the latex cores like new and are only used for a night or a few nights since by then a customer realizes that they need a firmer or softer latex core.  Sometimes you get lucky and get brand new latex cores in the exhange if you request a certain ILD latex firmness and a new shipment just arrives that has that firmness.

I always wash all new clothes I get from a store and I also am very careful about used stuff but I feel very comfortable with the latex cores and I do not feel you will have any problems.

About the drawers, If money was not so tight, I may have gotten drawers.  But what I did was exchange my shorter legs for 10" legs, get a bed skirt to cover the plastic drawers I slid under the bed from plastic furniture I had in my guest room that I have since replaced with a wicker dresser. This works out well for storing out of season clothes. I also was sent headboard brackets that I attached a Wesley Allen tall iron headboard.

The other questions I can not help you with since I bought their pine slat box with the 10" legs and I am using split cores and never measured the latex pieces.

Recent Posts