Englander hotel mattresses?
Feb 8, 2010 11:36 PM
Anyone know anything about Englander hotel matresses? I'm looking for a hard doublesided innerspring mattress, with the intention of softening it with some latex or maybe memory foam on top. They seem to have several models in their hotel line that are double sided but no one around here seems to carry them so I can't get a look at them. I want something hard enough that it won't break down. I know Englander gets a lot of complaints about cheap foam breaking down but I am hoping the hotel models may be a bit more durable. Also, I notice one of the Englander hotel mattresses uses latex foam, which might make it more durable (though the question is "how much? remains}.
Re: Englander hotel mattresses?
Reply #1 Feb 9, 2010 4:17 AM
Good luck. I slept on an Englander at the Venetian in Vegas and really liked it.
Found out what it was but it was available onto to hotels.

That's what led me to buy an Englander last year and take the cheap foam out of it and replace that cheap foam with latex.
It's all good now that I got rid of the cheap pu foam in it. It was a FIRM by the way and yet it still had 2-3" of poly foam that was hurting my back! I replaced it with 2" of latex and a wool topper and now it's great!

Recent Posts