Dr. Breus bed by Sleepy's....have you gotten a refund?
Mar 14, 2013 3:10 PM
I seen a lot of post about this bed which I had also purchased, about 1.5 yrs old...just found out it is no longer being produced...wonder why? I'm experiencing serious sagging and the cover is starting to come loose. I've confirmed  that the bed needs to sag 1 1/2 not just 1 1/4......and the cover is not covered by the warranty so it is free to pop off whenever it wants to (can't wait)....I've had the same response from Sleepy's customer support that I should wait 60 -90 days before I get it remeasured, in the meantime my back is killing me. Wanted to know if anyone has actually got sleepy's to live up to a replacement on this particular bed....thanks
Re: Dr. Breus bed by Sleepy's....have you gotten a refund?
Reply #1 Mar 18, 2013 10:22 PM
Very Interesting. After 17 months I finally had enough of my Dr. Breus bed as well. Both my wife and I have terrible morning lower back pain and I also sleep on my side and my shoulder is killing. Oh and we're both about 35 and 150lbs and 125lbs and very active. So what I'm saying is that we should not be feeling like we're 80 year old people in the morning!

I did call 1800 sleepys, had the inspector come out and found out 2 days following (3/15/2013) that the mattress was within manufactuer's specifictions. I did not get the numbers or anything.

What I did remember was that Sleepys told us that we could trade it in under the "Peace of Mind" program and at 17 months we had $2200 credit towards a new mattress. Now I do not know if this means if we spend $1000 we get $1200 back (doubt that one) or what the logistics of the program are but we are doing it just to get rid of this piece of....

I did also find it interesting when I went to read reviews on sleepys that the mattress is no longer sold. I have been able to find plenty of reviews out there saying it is garbage though.

So hopefully you can find out about the "Peace of Mind" deal and work something out.

Re: Dr. Breus bed by Sleepy's....have you gotten a refund?
Reply #2 Jun 9, 2013 10:28 AM
We bought a Dr Bruess about 2 years ago for the other house and think that it is the greatest night's sleep ever!  The sagging problem people talk about (in our case anyway) is that this set is so HEAVY that it bends the bedframe.  When we replaced and reinforced the new frame Dr Bruess went back to being the wonder bed.  The temperature control of the latex bed is real- never get too hot or to0 cold. I always feel great in the morning after sleeping on this bed. We are doing a lot of renovations- serious manual labor during the day and it is so nice to get into this bed and really relax in it after a hard day's work.  I know that everyone is different but for us this bed has been fabulous.  We are not young and have the usual aches and pains that accompany our age but this bed puts them to rest. 

Recent Posts