Dr. Breus Talalay Latex Mattress- sooo hot
Jun 17, 2011 3:51 PM
Hi- I just bought a new Dr. Breus Mattress and have been experiencing it to be really hot on my back at night. They threw in a water-proof mattress pad and was wondering if that could be making it hot? Any suggestions from owners on how to make this bed cooler would be appreciated? Love the comfort but too hot to handle.
Re: Dr. Breus Talalay Latex Mattress- sooo hot
Reply #2 Jun 17, 2011 5:43 PM
I went and bought a cheap waterproof mattress cover after getting my new mattress, to keep the mattress pristine in case I want to change it. My cover is a cotton-type weave on one side, and plastic on the other. Even with a mattress cover over it, and even on cool nights,  I do wake up with my skin wet where it presses most into the mattress.

If your cover has plastic that will certainly make you sweat since it's non-absorbant. I"m just going to put up with it until I'm sure I'm keeping the mattress, but I"m pretty sure you can get much better quality moisture-proof covers.

Re: Dr. Breus Talalay Latex Mattress- sooo hot
Reply #3 Jun 17, 2011 7:49 PM
I splurged and went with the wool since it's supposed to help with heat issues.  It wasn't cheap, but the cost of poor sleep and waking up several times a night is high.

Recent Posts