Nature's Bed from Rooms To Go-- Getting a deal
Jan 21, 2008 10:51 PM
A good friend of mine who is an attorney bought a King set a couple years ago to put in a guest room. It is a Natures bed (RTG Brand made apparently by Simmons?) Branded, PRINCESS LATEX SLEEP SYSTEM, which is what is on the mattress.Well, he just got married and the new wife is moving in and no room for the KING Bed in the spare room. THE Bed has NEVER had ANYONE sleep on it, just a spare and never been slept on once.

Well, I go look at it and he said he thought it was a Foam mattress... I looked under the covers and see it is Latex. I don't have the specs on it, and cant find them of course online since it is an old model (2 yrs), BUT, when I flip up to look at the underneath side of the mattress there is no doubt it has a very thick Latex Core, I can see the holes in the core (Latex Air holes) through the thin underside layer of fabric. The Mattress is heavy and VERY comfortable. Nice Thick mattress, and the top label just says PRINCESS LATEX SLEEP SYSTEM. Nowhere does it mention any other type of stuff inside. I wish I could find the specs and see what the entire makeup is of this mattress, but no luck yet. I emailed RTG just to see if they would enlighten me but no answer yet.

This mattress is very comfy and I know it is Latex, just dont know if there is anything else there. It is obvious there are NO springs!!!

Well this deal is really good, since he is selling to any of his friends, the Mattress and Foundation/Springs along with a Brass Bed (Made by Brass Beds of Virginia==About a $3000 BED) both of which have NEVER been slept on, just kept in the spare room for his company, which has been NONE since he bought this all.

Now the best part... The Brass Bed (Worth $3000) AND the Latex Matress Set (Value ??- probably $2000 I guess??) BOTH together I can get for $1000 Even!

What would you do?

Remember, A beautiful Brass Bed, and A very comfy Latex (100% I dont know yet) Mattress set, all bascially Brand New!

I might add that if he says it has never been slept on, then it has never been slept on. This is a honest guy for sure.

Re: -Deal-Update--May want to add a topper-need suggestions
Reply #6 Jan 28, 2008 2:54 AM
The new bed sounds wonderful! As for the topper...yes, you would secure it with a mattress pad, preferably one with deep pockets and elastic all around. A good quality one. I first put a lightweight elastic-edge pad over my mattress. Over that I would put the 1" or 2" latex topper. Then cover the whole thing with the nicer, cotton mattress pad. You could also experiment with a 4 lbs. 2" memory foam topper if you prefer that feel over your existing latex core.

Also, you might just want to give awhile longer on the mattress alone. Sometimes it just takes time for your body to acclimate to any new mattress...especially one that supports you more correctly.

auart wrote:
Well we got the bed put up and the Brass Bed is unbelievable! I cannot believe I got it for that price. The Latex Mattress was just a bonus.<BR>Once we polished the brass it is just perfect.<BR>The mattress after one night left me thinking it may be too firm for me, but I am going to give it a couple more nights before I go and order a Latex topper. I think I will want one for the softer feel since I like Really soft! <BR>This Latex mattress seems to have a Dunlop core that is more on the firm side but not too hard. I don't know the ILD numbers of whats inside though, just that my first nights impression was too firm... My wife says she slept great and she sleeps on her side so maybe its just me?<BR><BR>Any suggestions on where to get a reasonably priced topper?  Also, if I put a 2&quot; topper on top do I just put a mattress pad/cover over Both to hold them together? I have never used one and I have this vision of a topper sliding off the top of the mattress. <BR>I appreciate your suggestions!<BR><BR>ART
Re: -Deal-Update--May want to add a topper-need suggestions
Reply #7 Jan 28, 2008 1:41 PM
auart wrote:
Well we got the bed put up and the Brass Bed is unbelievable! I cannot believe I got it for that price. The Latex Mattress was just a bonus.
Once we polished the brass it is just perfect.
The mattress after one night left me thinking it may be too firm for me, but I am going to give it a couple more nights before I go and order a Latex topper. I think I will want one for the softer feel since I like Really soft!
This Latex mattress seems to have a Dunlop core that is more on the firm side but not too hard. I don't know the ILD numbers of whats inside though, just that my first nights impression was too firm... My wife says she slept great and she sleeps on her side so maybe its just me?

Any suggestions on where to get a reasonably priced topper?  Also, if I put a 2" topper on top do I just put a mattress pad/cover over Both to hold them together? I have never used one and I have this vision of a topper sliding off the top of the mattress.
I appreciate your suggestions!

ART

You certainly got a great deal, assuming you will like the feel of it. If not maybe you can adjust it with toppers.

As to the topper sliding off, we have never had this problem. We always just put the topper on top and the fitted sheet over it, and that's that. Sometimes we put a second flat sheet over the topper to help keep it clean before putting the regular fitted sheet over it. In my experience latex doesn't slide at all, and regular foam nor memory foam slide much either.

This message was modified Jan 28, 2008 by jimsocal

Recent Posts