Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Jul 23, 2010 8:08 AM
Here's the info on the three different mattresses (manufactured by Spring Air) that were being offered when I stopped by Coscto on July 1, 2010:

CASCADE:

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Quilt - Cashmere fiber blend with 1 layer of comfort foam
  • Upholstery - 2.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" soy based foam
  • Foundation - Eco Wood Foundation

SIERRA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 3.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" Soy based foam

PACIFICA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 6.5" of Natural Latex  (NOTE - this is not just one layer of latex - but some sort of variation that is put together to equal 6.5")
  • Support Core - 7" of Soy based foam

(You have a choice of regular or low-profile foundation - you'll probably want the low-profile for the PACIFICA)

Cost for King Size Pacifica in our part of the country, including two twin size foundation pieces to go under the king size mattress:  $1,799.97 plus $99 delivery fee. 

Delivered Monday (four days ago).

I am loving this bed ... !!  :) :) :)

This message was modified Jul 23, 2010 by BedSaga
Re: Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Reply #15 Dec 12, 2016 12:16 AM
<p> </p> ]
Yay for Costco.&nbsp; They gave us our money back on this Spring Air mattress mentioned above - which had developed deep wells in it.&nbsp; Since it was a third party seller, we did not get our delivery fee back. </p> <p> Purchased a Sleep Science latex mattress (something like six inches of firm and 3 inches of medium) - also from Costco (purchased online). </p> <p> It is comfortable but not a "plush". feeling&nbsp; I already had a 3" convoluted latex topper (with wool covering).&nbsp; Added that and it now seems just right. </p> <p> I really hope this mattress does not develop wells.&nbsp; If it truly is latex it should not do so.
[/quote wrote:
That's interesting... i was always curious about executing on these lengthy mattress warranties. Just curious, did they put up much of a fuss when you returned it? What kind of questions did they ask? I'm guessing you actually had to take the mattress to the Costco before they provided you with a refund?
Re: Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Reply #16 Dec 16, 2016 10:38 PM
We opted to take the mattress and box springs back to Costco because it was better for our schedule (as opposed to being home for half a day waiting for a pickup).  I took before and after photos of the mattress to quickly demonstrate why I was returning.  I don't know if it would have taken longer to explain the return over the phone and negotiate free pickup.  A friend of ours did exchange Costco mattresses a year or so ago and got a commitment for them to pick up the unsatisfactory mattress when they delivered the new one (the old one was not very old).

No hassle on our return.  It took a little longer because they had to check about the delivery fee.

Because it was a third party, they refunded in the same manner as purchase (example - Buy with Visa, get refund to Visa).

I'm guessing the third party (Spring Air) is the one refunding Costco.

So - I'm guessing I'll be sticking to all latex from here on out.

Recent Posts