Costco - Current Firm Mattress Options
May 20, 2011 8:22 AM
Looking for some advice as my back is currently killing me.  I've got a five year old queen Sealy plush set that needs to go.  Don't recall the specs, but I bought it because it was similar to the Sheraton bed that I found I slept great on back when I was traveling.  I've got the usual complaint of body impressions and degraded foam causing valleys. 

I want to buy from Costco due to their great return policy, so I'm limited in my choices.  I have tried memory foam and hate it, so not an option.  Also 6'1" 280lbs, so looking for something firm I won't sink all the way into.

My current choices from the Costco lineup are three Sealy innersprings and a latex "hybrid".

* Sealy Alanson Cushion Firm - $580

* Ivory Forest Firm - $650

These two look to be the same construction with some variation in the types of foam used in the comfort layer. 

*Springport Firm - $680 (on sale from normal $800)

This one looks to have the upgraded "XT" edge support and some extra foam, including a .79" latex layer

Sleep Science Latex 10" - $990

Latex looks interesting and my research makes me think it will have a longer life than an innerspring.  It is at the top of my budget so I would probably drop in on my existing box spring which seems to be in good shape.  I can add a board if necessary. 

If I go with an innerspring, I'm thinking less foam is better since that is what seems to degrade.  I can always throw on a topper if too firm. 

So, do I go cheap and plan on throwing it away in five years, go for the mid-point with the Springport on sale, or splurge on the latex and hope to get more life out of it.

Thanks for any advice.

This message was modified May 20, 2011 by t1234
Re: Costco - Current Firm Mattress Options
Reply #4 Jul 3, 2011 12:46 PM
1st post!!

We just ordered a Sealy Ivory Forest (Firm) king from Costco. Would appreciate any feedback on this model & I will post an update once it arrives in the next 1-2 weeks.

TIA!

Recent Posts