Cheapest source of Latex International Natural Talalay?
Mar 24, 2012 12:54 AM
Hi all,

I'm planning to either purchase a complete mattress or a few individual layers of different ILD ratings of Latex International Talalay, and a wool zippered cover.

I'm thinking about a complete SleepEZ at this point instead of a DIY approach, just to keep things easier, but if I can save quite a bit of cash, I'll happily DIY.

I'm not entirely sure what ILD and thickness I need, but I'm thinking a 2" top layer of soft natural talalay latex and a bottom layer of 5-6" medium ILD. The hubby is fairly skinny at 5'8", 150lbs, back sleeper and I'm small as well, 5'2", 100lbs, side sleeper, so I think this will work fairly well for us.

Does anyone know what the cheapest solution to cover our bases would be? We want the wool cover to keep out the nasty flame retardants, and the natural talalay from Latex International for the natural factor. We'd also being upgrading our current Full to a Queen. We're trying to keep it down to $1500 max.

Oh, also, we live in Central Florida (near Daytona Beach) but we haven't had much luck locally.

Thanks so much in advance!
Re: Cheapest source of Latex International Natural Talalay?
Reply #1 Mar 24, 2012 3:32 PM
There is a good manufacturer in Ft. Lauderdale www.comfortcustombedding.com as well as Zeno Mattress www.zenomattress.com (website doesn't give much though). 

West Palm has E J Schrader Mattress Co. www.schraderbeds.com

Good Luck

Re: Cheapest source of Latex International Natural Talalay?
Reply #2 Mar 24, 2012 4:27 PM
Olva

Was reminded that Fox Mattress is over in Holly Hill. www.foxmattress.com

Recent Posts