Can anyone compare Rocky Mountain Mattress 1 " talalay 24 ILD with Foam by Mail 1" 20 ILD toppers?
Aug 10, 2010 3:00 PM
Hi folks,

Back to tweaking my topper rather than buillding a bed.  I am about to give up on finding a magic bullet below the top 2"... so maybe an inch of real soft on an inch of "pretty soft" will do.

I have a 1" latex topper from Foam By Mail which is advertised as Talalay but I am sure is Dunlop.  It is quite dense and not very "soft", but not bad.  Another poster said "add 10" to the stated ILD for Dunlop to compare to Talalay.  I trust RMM to deliver talalay, but would like someone's input that RMM's talalay is "very soft" or "real soft" or some such.

Can anyone vouch for RMM's "soft" 1 inch?

Thanks,  Shovel99

Re: Can anyone compare Rocky Mountain Mattress 1 " talalay 24 ILD with Foam by Mail 1" 20 ILD toppers?
Reply #9 Sep 7, 2010 2:55 PM
tony wrote:

that looks beautiful  just wonderful,  compared to what i got from FBM  my hole's  are spaced all over the place not in nice straight rows like what you got, now i know where to order and i'am in va so hopfully it comes from n.carolina    What ILD is that pic.

I can't remember, I bought 2" of 32 and 1" of 24.  The 32 was flawless, but the 24 had a few small tears on one side (not too unusual for 1"  latex, since it is delicate).  No glue seems either.  1" 19 blended from SLAB was 2 pieces glued (no big deal though to me).

Re: Can anyone compare Rocky Mountain Mattress 1 " talalay 24 ILD with Foam by Mail 1" 20 ILD toppers?
Reply #10 Sep 8, 2010 8:24 AM
Thanks Sandman. Older thread.  I ended up buying the 14 ILD from Slab.

shovel99

Reply #11 Sep 9, 2010 8:49 AM
glitchathon wrote:

can't find the thread but someone confirmed that RMM's tatalay is from Latex Intl. I just ordered a 1" topper from them last week but it has not shipped yet. Their Customer service is not very responsive (been trying to find out if it is in stock to no avail) but hopefully the product is as good as I expect. 

let us know when you get it and your thoughts, i just ordered a 1 in 24ild from them too.

Recent Posts