Jan 17, 2012 6:18 PM
Whats the best king size matresses for 2K? I really like the plush tops

And if havertys sells is I can get 40% off

Re: Best king size Matteress for 2K
Reply #5 Jan 18, 2012 2:03 AM

"What's the best king size mattress for 2k?  I really like the plush tops"

American Sleep Organic Latex $1,898

Beautyrest-Black Desiree Plush-Firm $1,871

Suggestions assuming stated budget doesn't include foundation, mattress only. But if i had $2k to spend on a mattress, I'd buy one of the factory seconds Simmons Blacks at a discount warehouse for around a thousand, in at least plush firm to get their highest gauge single strands, then rip off the top & put four to six inches of nice latex over the advanced pocket coils.  Lot of hassle & wouldn't look nice though. Just really impressed with those triple woven coils, if not 3 1/2lb memory foams etc. 

Reply #6 Jan 18, 2012 7:04 AM
JasonRatky wrote:

American Sleep Organic Latex $1,898

I totally forgot about this one. Definitely one to consider. Sam's Club has a decent return policy too. Not nearly as nice as Costco's policy, but still better than most mattress stores.

Reply #7 Jan 18, 2012 1:18 PM
Just stoped by orginial mattress factory Iiked there latex, but I layed on the memory foam and like that a little more. Their memory foam didnt seem to have the normal temperpedic snitch and didnt feel like the mattress sucked you in either, anyone had any experience with them?

http://www.originalmattress.com/serenity/comfort-choices#serenity_memory_foam

This message was modified Jan 18, 2012 by pollardhimself
Reply #8 Jan 18, 2012 3:14 PM
megalops wrote:

http://www.havertys.com/Product_40971?curIndex=10&resultCount=12
- Looks like a pretty nice set for $1800 after your 40% discount. I'd never pay $3k for this, but for $1800 it looks like a very nice bed in your price range.

You can also check mattresses.net. They have a few all latex beds in you price range.

I know this mattress very well. Normal retail on this is $2900.00 King set is a great price for this bed at $1800 though.  There is no natural latex in this set as it is all syntetic latex, convoluted foam, and HD Poly foams.  It will be very difficult to find an all natural latex bed for $2000.00 in a king.

What most people dont realize is that the majority of Talalay Latex produced is synthetic latex and not 100% natural latex. Talalay is a manufacturing process and is not a way to determine if the mattress is Natural, Synthetic, or Blended Latex.

Reply #9 Jan 18, 2012 4:49 PM
pollardhimself wrote:

Just stoped by orginial mattress factory Iiked there latex, but I layed on the memory foam and like that a little more. Their memory foam didnt seem to have the normal temperpedic snitch and didnt feel like the mattress sucked you in either, anyone had any experience with them?

http://www.originalmattress.com/serenity/comfort-choices#serenity_memory_foam

This is 10.5" 2.1lb memory foam. It is 6" High Density Foam Core and then 2 layers of 2" High Density memory foam. I am not sure why they layed it this way, but they have the higher compression foam on top at 15lb ILD and then 8lb ILD softer 2 inch under it. The 6" core is only 30lb ILD which is pretty soft for a support core. Most support cores should be minimum of 40lb ILD. High Retail for Queen Set like this at 10.5" is around $899. They also put this set on a boxspring instead of a foundation. An all foam mattress performs much better and will provide better support on a foundation over a boxspring. A boxspring is better for certian types of coils for Example: Bonnell, Offset, or Continous Coils. Where Foundations are better for Individually Wrapped Coils and Foam Beds.

With that type of foam I am willing to bet the body impressions are covered for anything over 1.5" where premium foams cover body impressions of anything over 3/4".

The sinking down feeling or stuck in the mud feeling people get with some memory foams is due to temprature sensivity. The more temprature sensitive the foam is the the longer it will take to recover back to its original shape, but the better it will be at conforming and adjusting to your body shape and size.

Recent Posts