Bad back mattress suggestions
May 17, 2017 7:48 AM
Hi all,

I am new here and would like to first say HI and ask for your opinion on a mattress for someone with a bad back. I sleep on my back and have a difficult time staying asleep all night and getting a restful sleep. Our bed has 2 mattress toppers on it, one that we purchased at Ritz Plantation, but that seems to get all bunched up and starts hitting me in sensitive spots in my back.

I was told by a doctor that I have a degenerative disc in my lower back along with some tight muscles throughout my back especially by my shoulder blades.

I have been waking up recently with pain not only throughout my back but also the base of my neck. I need to find a mattress that will be good for both my wife and myself. BTW: She sleeps mostly on her side and has a bad shoulder from a botched rotator cuff surgery so this task is getting to be a difficult one to please both of us. I was thinking about a mattress that we could adjust the softness of but not sure if that was the way to go or not.

Anyhow, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Re: Bad back mattress suggestions
Reply #4 Aug 31, 2017 2:54 PM
i would check out the new Snuz memory foam mattress. I just went to an event they hosted with a sleep doctor and it looks like a pretty good mattress for those with back pain.
This message was modified Aug 31, 2017 by TedBundo
Re: Bad back mattress suggestions
Reply #5 Sep 5, 2019 1:05 AM
If you suffering from back pain thank you have to focus on the firmness of your mattress. Your mattress should be a medium-firm mattress not too soft or nor too hard. A medium-firm mattress keeps your spine in proper alignment and provides good back support.

Recent Posts