AstraBeds
Dec 6, 2007 12:02 PM
Has anyone had any experience with AstraBeds?  They are out of Arizona, a young company, and make memory foam mattresses but beyond their website I cannont find out much information about the company or the quality of their mattresses.
Re: AstraBeds
Reply #10 Dec 13, 2011 5:00 PM
jettrue wrote:

So, I know this is a really old post, and this will sound like spam as well, but I just ordered a split king "millenium" bed from them, with adjustable bases. I've only had them for less than a week, so I can't comment on longevity, but I can say they seem very well made. I love the removeable cover material, it says "bamboo" on it. It's very soft. (though apparently the bamboo cover only comes on the split kings)

I normally HATE talking on the phone to order something, so I was a little annoyed that I had to call to order the adjustable base (prices aren't online), but the salesperson I spoke to was the most easy to talk to salesman i've ever encountered, and was like talking to a friend. I never felt pressured, and in fact called with questions a few times and was never prodded into ordering at any time.

The adjustable base is nice as well, and was very easy to "install". My husband and I cracked up when we first got up on the beds and started adjusting. We're only in our 30's but we felt like we were in a Craftmatic Adjustable bed commercial, and that we just skipped over 4 decades of our lives. Now we just need to install the TV on the wall up higher, cause with our feet raised comfortably up, they block our view of the TV. :)

The millenium is supposed to be comparable to the new Tempurpedic cloud luxe, and I can say it's pretty close, though maybe a tad more firm, which will probably change as we wear the beds in. All I know is that I'm sleeping really well, and I'm not tossing and turning. And I paid a lot less. And I love that with memory foam I'm not waking up my husband when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and he's not waking up me. We came from a queen, and I was the one pressuring for the king (my husband is 6'4" and bulky) as I wanted more room to myself. I can't say that I'm necessarily regretting the king, but now he feels so far away! And I'm not too sure about the split king as well. BUT I do like being able to sit up and read while he sleeps, I like sleeping with my feet up and head slightly up, etc., but the crack in the bed is annoying.

I wanted to share my experience here, because I know when I was searching for reviews of Astrabeds, this was the only one I found, and it wasn't the greatest review. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Hello Jettrue,

I am considering buying Astrabed, would you please mind sharing your expereince after several months of usage.

Thanks,

Reply #11 Mar 3, 2012 11:54 AM
Hello,

I am about to purchase this AstraBed, http://www.astrabeds.com/stratusbed

I am going to provide you updates every step of the way. A little about me, 6'2" 210 pounds in my 40's. I'm in excellent shape but my lower back kills me at night when I'm sleeping. I'm hoping this mattress will help me finally get a great nights sleep.

Here's my chat log from Astrabeds. I will provide updates once I order:

What is the difference between the solar bed and the Stratusbed?

Astrabeds: Both are very dense, supportive and comforming but the solar is super plush but either will serve you well.

plush, meaning it has a topper to make it plush or does the mattress have a built-in plush layer?

Basically, I'm not sure which mattresses to purchase from you.

Astrabeds: In order to better serve you please let me know height, weight, age, medical of mobility issues of people using mattress.

Astrabeds: Solar has a built in perforated plush layer.

I'm 6'2", 210 pounds. Physically fit. 43 yrs old. Wife is 5'7', 140 pounds, 40 yrs old. She has no problems. I have no problems. My lower back does ache every night.

Astrabeds: Stratus, definitely. You need to be right on the high density memory foam. Extremely conforming but supportive. If you were older or heavier I would highly recommend the Venus but considering the information you have sent me, Stratus would be an excellent choice. Top seller and will bring you less discomfort and relief at night.

Astrabeds: Thank you for your interest in our company, my name is Marty. When you feel comfortable about ordering I can better serve you by calling me, the mattress will get shipped sooner also I will include a premium mattress protector so your investment is well maintained. ***Dreams happen on an Astrabed*** We specialize in Affordable Luxury selling only High Density Top Quality conforming and supportive mattresses.  Life is too short to sleep in pain or discomfort so take the next step toward improving the overall quality of your health and well being.

Reply #12 Mar 3, 2012 12:33 PM
Update: Just placed my order with Marty. He was a very friendly and knowledeable rep. He made me feel very good about the mattress and that I should expect a very good night's sleep. Looking forward to this. My bed will be shipped and arrive within 14 days. It is curb side delivery and he advised having someone with me to help carry the mattress and foundation in the house.

I ordered the foundation too because our existing one isn't smooth. Also, if you go to Facebook and like their page, you will get a 10% off coupon. I will update you once the mattress shows up. I'll even take pictures of the truck and mattress when it's dropped off at my curb. 

Reply #13 Mar 12, 2012 4:42 PM
It's Monday March 12th, 2012 and my free mattress cover came last Thursday and to my surprised, today, my bed showed up via Fedex! The Fedex driving helped me move the bed into the hallway just inside of my home. It is heavy!! You will need two fairly strong women or men to move it into your home. It is shipped "tightly rolled" in a dark plastic and card board. 

I will let everyone know how the bed works for me.  

Reply #14 May 13, 2012 10:44 AM
I been sleeping on it for 60 days now. At first it was very stiff. Almost too stiff. However, over the last 60 days, it has become more and more like marshmellow. Not very excited to experience this. I will update you in a couple weeks.
Reply #15 May 23, 2012 4:29 PM
My husband and I were real skeptical too.  We only ordered it because on X-mas eve they were offering "free return" if you didn't like it after 90 days.  We took a shot and had it delivered and love it.  We ordered the Sirius style.  The smell takes some time to dissapate but I put some air freshener sheets between the mattress and the sheets and it really helped.  We liked the mattress so much we ordered another for our "north" home.  Hope this helps.  I can definitely recommend the mattress.  They guy who answers the phone though is kinda annoying. 
Re: AstraBeds,esleepmasters.com and Amerisleep.com - problems
Reply #16 Mar 4, 2013 4:38 PM
TErrible experience with this company and their sister sites Amerisleep.com and esleepmasters.com.  FIrst I was told my matteress was in stock and I ordered - received an immediate email confirmaton(woopee-zip!). Waited 10 days - not a peep from them on delivery, their system isn't telling if it is shipped, just "not changable since beyound the point of no return". Pnce a week for last 4 weeks I get ahould of them and I get the same idiotic thing,"we don't know why it hasn;'t came, it might have came today, I will call you in 2 hours and let you know.

Do not buy from these turkeys!

Reply #17 Apr 6, 2013 2:44 AM
Looks good from their website but only latex mattress.

Recent Posts