Anyone knows about Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears?
May 18, 2011 5:42 PM
Hi,

I am looking for latex mattress with king size.

I found Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08256032000P) but couldn't find any review on it through online.

Is there anyone who has experience with this mattress?

Thanks, 

Kyoung

This message was modified May 19, 2011 by phynars
Re: Anyone knows about Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears?
Reply #10 Jun 28, 2011 3:25 PM
We are doing the same thing - going to all mattress stores and trying to compare what we see/feel. This Sears Opal Latex is on our short list - the listing that 'phynars' gives for construction is correct. Yes it is all latex, my nose told me so! There aren't any online reviews of it, but the reviews of latex mattresses in general sound great. I did check for returns, warrenty issues, etc. for this unit and found nothing significant. The Sears prices are pretty good over the 4th weekend and some may be available their outlets.  We found another latex by Simmons, Natural... or Nature... something which had 3 comfort levels, one being simular to the Sears unit - price about x2 Sears discounted price. We are still trying to decide between this one and a luxary coil unit, but the price of the coil unit is x4. I did have solid foam Sears unit back in the 1970s that I really liked, but finally 'upgraded' the size to king and the Select Comfort model we have sucks.
Reply #11 Jun 28, 2011 10:37 PM
I was at Sears today looking at the Laura Ashley latex mattresses.  There were 2 models, Opal, and I forget the other one, maybe Pearl of something like that.  Anyrate, I read the law tag of the more expensive model -

12% natural latex

20 something % visco elastic foam

the rest was polyurethane foam, something like 70%

I layed on the plush side of the more expensive one and I was not bowled over.  That said, I had surgery on my right shoulder years ago and I was laying on my right side, bad shoulder while trying the bed. 

The Laura Ashley feels ok, but the Serta icomfort Revolution is more impressive in the store.

Reply #12 Jun 28, 2011 11:31 PM
One thing that maybe goes without saying with the knowledgeable people on this forum, but maybe bears mentioning anyway, relates to the possibility of mattress surgery. If these mattresses are basically composed of PU foam with a latex topper, you won't be able to do mattress surgery and replace the deteriorating foam. Some of the mattresses have PU on top, and in those cases, you could remove and replace it.

Just thought I'd mention this for people considering buying a "designer" mattress that is primarily composed of PU foam. Once the PU foam in that kind of mattress gives out, the whole thing is done for, and you'll be facing buying something else....Well, best case scenario, I guess maybe you could salvage the latex topper and buy another mattress to go underneath it - unless it's glued on, of course. cool

Recent Posts