Anyone know what's INSIDE the PILLOW TOP on Stearns and Foster?
Nov 14, 2011 3:52 PM
Hi,

I've already started another thread here about sleeping too hot on new Stearns and Foster Latex "Governor's Palace" pillowtop.

It spells out my whole, painful saga about our new mattress purchase (not even sure I like the mattress in general or the "pushback" feeling, but
 the warmth --it instantly retains body heat --is the most problematic aspect).

Now, in my quest for clarity (which, in the mattress-buying world, may be impossible), I am trying to figure out if the pillowtop itself may be adding to my woes.

Anyone know what materials that particular model pillowtop is constructed with?  The mattress is Latex -- supposedly cool, but it is not -- it is way too warm for me.

Asking the salespeople at the store is useless.  But you knew that.

Help, please!

Thanks again.

Re: Anyone know what's INSIDE the PILLOW TOP on Stearns and Foster?
Reply #9 Apr 21, 2012 4:30 PM
Hi..  Your first mistake was to buy a pillow top on any mattress.. pretty much that is what you paid your money for that little pillow top. once the pillow top breaks down from body weight, your mattress is pretty much shot.... I believe it is the memory foam that is causing the heat.. however do you have one of those protective mattress pads on as well.. if so you will have to take it off to let the mattress breathe thus letting the heat out.. Trouble with all these mattresses is the fact that they all have different names and you have no clue what they mix in together to make it feel plush when you are trying these out..  Many have combinations of memory foam, visco, and latex.. by the way a good bed made of all latex usually is never sleeping hot.. but once you mix it up with a little of this or a little of that..( they like the sound of many materials so the consumer thinks he got a lot for his money).. LOOK OUT...you have been sold alot of garbage material.   I have made so many mistakes with mattresses in the past 4 years .. not to mention the money I have spent, and I am still searching for the right bed, if it even exists.. Another thing to be on guard for is the material used (fabrics) on the top covering of your mattress.. some actually contain wool.. YOU will be HOT with that woven in as well.   I do think regulation of this industry is needed to provide major guidlines for the sellers of these mattresses.. NO sleep makes for irritable shoppers..

Good luck..

Recent Posts