Anyone have experience with a Memory Foam Mattress from E-Bay? Or should I get Sleep Innovations from Amazon?
Jun 8, 2011 9:41 AM
I was looking at Ebay and there are a lot of high volume memory foam mattress sellers from Ebay with almost all positive feedback.  Anyone have any experiences with any of them?

I was going to buy the Sleep Innovations 10" from Amazon based on the reviews, but was wondering if any of the Ebay mattress would be better.  They seem to have better specs.

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-10-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37JM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307552841&sr=8-2

Grayson

This message was modified Jun 8, 2011 by grayson73
Re: Anyone have experience with a Memory Foam Mattress from E-Bay? Or should I get Sleep Innovations from Amazon?
Reply #1 Jun 8, 2011 8:55 PM
Hi grayson73, what are the specs for the mattresses you are looking at? The Sleep Innovations at Amazon doesn't list the density of the 7" premium memory foam base or the 3" Suretemp memory foam on top. That would give us a clue about longevity and how firm or soft it feels. I don't put much stock in anybody's warranty (they tend to be worthless due to the fine print, going out of business, etc) but even a 20 year limited warranty is an impressive expectation.

Given the reasonable price ($350) and 153 mostly favorable reviews I don't think you can go wrong, especially when you hear the Temperpedic people complaining about their expensive mattresses losing pressure relieving properties after 3-5 years.

This message was modified Jun 8, 2011 by SleepLikeADog
Re: Anyone have experience with a Memory Foam Mattress from E-Bay? Or should I get Sleep Innovations from Amazon?
Reply #2 Jun 9, 2011 4:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I ended up going to Foam Mattress Discounts (foammattressdiscounts.com, also e-bay seller foammattressdiscountscom).  I got the 8" (3" 5lb memory foam).

http://www.foammattressdiscounts.com/products/Queen-Size-5lb-Density-8-Inch-Memory-Foam-Mattress.html

I decided on this one because of the stellar reviews on E-bay.

This message was modified Jun 9, 2011 by grayson73
Reply #3 Jun 9, 2011 7:30 PM
Most of the people here are fans of latex.  Considering the price, if it lasts 5 years, you have the equivalent of 25 years on a $2k Tempurpedic!  Definitely looks like it is worth a try.  I'm curious why you selected the 8" rather than the 10", which seems to have some air flow properties which may help sleep cooler than the 8".  Memory foam can often sleep hot.  It would be nice to hear how you like the mattress when you receive it as well as a followup in 6-12 months.
Reply #4 Jun 9, 2011 10:16 PM
The 5 lbs memory foam should be good quality and firm, especially over a "firm" 5" poly foam base.  Reasonable price for either the 8 or 10 inch, I'm more of a latex guy myself (hopefully that doesn't sound kinky) but we considered several of the memory foam mattresses at Sams Club for our RV.  We like to camp in the mountains and at 9,000 feet a little extra warmth is a good thing.

Recent Posts