Anyone buy latex toppers for latex mattress?
Sep 7, 2015 6:41 PM
New to this site. I bought a pure latex mattress 8" in 2000. The store I bought it from only had one firmness I believe

now it was xfirm. My husband/I slept on this for a while and we both started having shoulder pressure points. So I layered it

up with 4.5# D memory foam and got it up to 7" for me (it was too soft for H). After 15 yrs of sleeping this way

age/time/bed? Had spine problems I couldn't sit ER/spine shot/etc. I thought I would have to live the rest of my life in my

recliner to get relief off my spine. This all started in April 2015. So I thought it might be the bed being too soft &

started sleeping on innerspring with 4" M foam on top. I don't get up with pain in the morn now. I've been looking at M foam

beds with adj bed frames. When I went to you tube and saw man(mattress education) talking about beds. So we used electric

knife to cut the latex king in half. Now I'm thinking of a latex topper, if I can get this right I'm buying and adjustable be

frame. Spoke to foam source and she said 2" medium/2" soft on top of latex mattress. I've just started reading this forum and

wondered if anyone else had topped their latex mattress. Don't know why the sentences doubled.
Re: Anyone buy latex toppers for latex mattress?
Reply #1 Sep 7, 2015 6:45 PM
New to this site. I bought a pure latex mattress 8" in 2000. The store I bought it from only had one firmness I believe
now it was xfirm. My husband/I slept on this for a while and we both started having shoulder pressure points. So I layered it
up with 4.5# D memory foam and got it up to 7" for me (it was too soft for H). After 15 yrs of sleeping this way
age/time/bed? Had spine problems I couldn't sit ER/spine shot/etc. I thought I would have to live the rest of my life in my
recliner to get relief off my spine. This all started in April 2015. So I thought it might be the bed being too soft &
started sleeping on innerspring with 4" M foam on top. I don't get up with pain in the morn now. I've been looking at M foam
beds with adj bed frames. When I went to you tube and saw man(mattress education) talking about beds. So we used electric
knife to cut the latex king in half. Now I'm thinking of a latex topper, if I can get this right I'm buying and adjustable be
frame. Spoke to foam source and she said 2" medium/2" soft on top of latex mattress. I've just started reading this forum and
wondered if anyone else had topped their latex mattress.
Re: Anyone buy latex toppers for latex mattress?
Reply #2 Oct 15, 2015 6:03 AM
I have not bought any latex toppers but I do write a lot of reviews regarding latex toppers. So I can assuredly tell you that latex toppers are quite good as they are derived from rubber trees. The best part of latex toppers is they come with hypo-allergenic properties which is best for sensitive body who are dealing with allergens such as mold, dust mites or any other pollens.

Recent Posts