Any way to salvage our Sealy Reflexion Huntington mattress?
Nov 21, 2007 10:56 PM
Our king mattress - two mattresses ago - lasted about 12 years, but then developed such deep body impressions my wife and I both woke up every morning in extreme pain. So I studied, read reviews, researched, read the forums here, and after months of that selected a Sealy Reflexion Latex mattress (KIng) in the hopes of having a mattress that would be comfortable, give us a good night's sleep, and resist body impressions (We're about 170 lbs for me, 140 lbs for her.) It felt WONDERFUL and we slept extremely well - but after only about 6 months some body impressions were starting to form, and the support started to feel not so great. Nothing deep enough for Sealy to do anything about it, though.

Now, it's 3 years later, and we wake up every morning sore and achey. We do not have the money right now to replace the mattress, unfortunately, so we need someway to get some support back if possible, to last us for about the next year. My wife was asking me if perhaps some type of topper would help? Understanding it won't be as good as a new mattress, but something that would provide perhaps some additional support and might lessen the body impressions?

Any thoughts or suggestions here would be most appreciated. I'm really dissapointed after doing so much research and still getting a mattress that lasted such a short time before being a problem, but we are where we are. Any help or suggestions for anything such as a specific topper that might help some would be most welcome.

Thanks - Jeff
Re: Any way to salvage our Sealy Reflexion Huntington mattress?
Reply #11 Nov 25, 2007 12:53 PM
jefflackey,
We bought a Sealy Reflection Laguna Beach latex mattress three years ago.  It was a pillow top and didn't last as long as yours did.  Since we were at the nothing to lose place we cut the pillow top off the mattress.  The pillow top was nothing but cheap yellowing foam.  The rest of the mattress was a six inch base of Dunlop latex and three inches of Talalay.  The latex was in good shape so we used an electric craving knife and cut it in half.  It is now two twin mattresses on a day bed and trundle in DH office.
This message was modified Nov 25, 2007 by Beach_Lover

Recent Posts