Any pros or cons about Miracoil continous coil system?
Sep 26, 2007 3:28 PM
Does anyone have any comments or thoughts on Miracoils, the continous coil used in mattresses such as Serta? I don't seem to hear a lot on the forum about this particular innerspring. In fact, I don't even hear that much about Serta. I just know that I LOVED my old plush-firm Serta from the mid '80s. I still have the bed in a spare room. I'm now wondering if I should consider that innerspring for my custom-layered mattress.
Re: Any pros or cons about Miracoil continous coil system?
Reply #1 Sep 26, 2007 4:15 PM
I'm going to answer my own post. Now I'm wondering if a mattress bought 20 years ago will even have the same quality innerspring coil system inside. Sure, the Miracoil continous might have felt wonderful back in the mid to late '80s. But will they be manufactured the same today? Will shortcuts be taken? Is the wire cheaper? If this is the case, I better not to be too quick to order that innerspring. What to do. What to do.

In the meantime, I'm reading some mattress reviews here. I have to say, the McRoskey Airflex is looking better all the time! People really have such positive things to say about it.
Reply #2 Sep 26, 2007 9:24 PM
I had a Serta purchased in 1984, which I loved.  It lasted about 16 years.  Unfortunately, we took it to the dump.  I'm kicking myself for not cutting  it open beforehand.  This was before I went down mattress misery road and became knowledgeable about all of this stuff.  I don't think they make anything like it anymore.
Reply #3 Sep 27, 2007 12:16 AM
<BR> princesspea wrote:
I had a Serta purchased in 1984, which I loved.  It lasted about 16 years.  Unfortunately, we took it to the dump.  I'm kicking myself for not cutting  it open beforehand.  This was before I went down mattress misery road and became knowledgeable about all of this stuff.  I don't think they make anything like it anymore.<BR>
<BR>I bought mine a few years after you. It was wonderful. In fact, when I had to buy a King mattress set for my then new husband, I tried and tried to find something that felt the same. But even in 5 or 6 years, things changed. I never was able to replicate my favorite mattress. But, at least we still have it in our guestroom. Two of my grown daughters slept on it at various times, as well as guests. It's not as supportive as it once was, but in its heyday it was great! I even loved the cover. Not like those jersey-types they're using now.
This message was modified Sep 27, 2007 by BeddyBye

Recent Posts