Any experience, or thought about Serta's I-series mattress
Jul 14, 2012 12:54 PM
Need to get new mattress. We're thinking about the new Serta I-series. I have a bad low back,it felt suppported, the wife likes it.

Any input is appreciated.

This message was modified Jul 14, 2012 by aj5645
Re: Any experience, or thought about Serta's I-series mattress
Reply #3 Jul 16, 2012 10:57 PM
Serta hybrid  (coil and memory foam) which is called the Perfect Day i-series.

I think the  Jubilance model - has a number of good features compared to the other models in the PD i-series. It is a neutral comfort, and has 2” inches of 5lb open cell Koolcomfort memory foam, followed by 2 more inches of 4lb (10.5 ifd) cool action gel memory foam.  That’s 2 inches of higher density and 2 inches of medium density temperature sensitive memory foam.  There is no other foam (cheap poly foams) in the mattress which could breakdown. The other Serta iseries models (except the very top above this model) have only 1-2 inches of the gel foam and I don't think that would provide enough comfort or durability over an inerspring also some have added in the cheaper polyfoams into the layers. Lastly,  the duet coil introduced in this line this year  - might -  also provide some benefit for a dual level support mode.

(Edited to confirm cool action gel specs - not easy to find)

This message was modified Jul 25, 2012 by crazydiamond
Re: Any experience, or thought about Serta's I-series mattress
Reply #4 Jul 31, 2013 2:45 PM
Just a followup for anyone who may wish a longer term update. I am now at one year mark on the Perfect Day iseries Jubliance model and have found this matteress is holding up. If anything it feels a bit firmer now but no sagging or wear that I can see. I am a large framed guy with some moderate lower back issues, and I can recommend this mattress, I did have issues with other serta matresses but not this one at the one year mark.

Recent Posts