Any experience with Nikken Kenko Naturest™ Mattress Topper
Jun 12, 2012 7:40 AM
Has anyone tried these toppers? Is is another case of marketing hype and fad or is there some element of truth?

The pads are pretty pricey but available much cheaper on ebay etc.

Their website is

http://nettrax.myvoffice.com/nikkenusa/ShoppingCart/Shop.cfm?CurrPage=CategoryDetail&NextPage=CategoryDetail&CategoryID=551&pid=37424173659946209

Thanks for your responses.

Re: Any experience with Nikken Kenko Naturest™ Mattress Topper
Reply #1 Jun 12, 2012 11:04 AM

"RAM™ (radial-axis magnetism) Technology features spherical neodymium magnets which produce a series of overlapping magnetic fields to enfold and surround you."

Maybe someone here knows what this means, but I certainly don't. I also couldn't find specs, like how thick is the pad, and what ILD is it.

The site seems filled with these types of claims for expensive items, but no facts or information as to what the product is actually made of...e.g. this for a $500 comforter:

"The Kenko Dream® Comforter features Ionic Comfort Technology — an idea based on the negative ions found in soothing outdoor settings. Chitocotton, another innovation, contains chitosan. A magnetic layer complements the magnets in your Nikken mattress to complete the cocoon effect."

What does it mean?? Sounds like gibberish to me, but maybe I'm just obsolete...

Reply #2 Jun 17, 2012 2:24 PM
DoreenA wrote:

"RAM™ (radial-axis magnetism) Technology features spherical neodymium magnets which produce a series of overlapping magnetic fields to enfold and surround you."

I'm an engineering PhD with a masters in Applied Physics. This is garbage. Any company that puts something like this in an advertisement is intentionally trying to mislead you, and is not worth doing business with.

Reply #3 Jun 18, 2012 10:02 AM
I have no degrees, but it's not hard to spot a "snake oil" sales pitch. And "chitosan"? If I'm not mistaken, that is from the shells of shrimp and other crustaceans. Why that would be desirable in bedding products is something I would need explained to me.
Reply #4 Jun 18, 2012 9:27 PM
Chitosan has a lot of interesting applications. Look it up in Wikipedia. However chitocotton = baloney.

Recent Posts