Any Venus foam users out there?
May 30, 2009 12:57 AM
I bought some from overstock.com. Great price!
As to how it feels, I don't know yet because I've had it sitting out for 30 hours now, and it still stinks to high heaven! The only thing I remember ever smelling this much was a Tempurpedic pillow I bought years ago at Brookstone.

It is light blue in color. I bought a king -size 1" thick and plan to cut it into 2 twin size pieces.

I was just wondering if others have found it to smell so much more than other foams?

I bought some Sensus a few weeks ago at overstock and it did not smell so strong and was fine for use after about 24 hours.

Also, I thought it would feel much stiffer. To touch it, to me, it feels about like the Sensus. Maybe a little denser but I wonder if it's really going to feel enough different to make it worth paying about twice as much for it...

I'll let you know how it feels to me, if I can ever get the smell out of it. (We've had it sitting by an open sliding screen door with fans pointed at it for about the whole 30 hours.)
Re: Any Venus foam users out there?
Reply #9 Sep 6, 2009 1:42 AM
venusfoam wrote:
I emailed Foamex regarding this debate, and here is the answer from Foamex:

We do not sell finished goods (toppers, mattresses, ect) directly to Overstock.com.  We do manufacture the Venus memory foam however, the topper you see on Overstock.com labeled “Venus” was most likely manufactured by another company who purchased the Venus memory foam directly from us.  I hope this helps clear up the question you had.

Sincerely,

Maria R Borromeo - sales representative 
.........................................................................................................................
FXI 
Foamex Innovations
Rose Tree Corporate Center II |  Media  |  PA 19063-2076  |  610.744.2145  |  484.482.3258 c  |  mborromeo@fxi.com 

For whatever it's worth, I ordered it following receipt of this response.

"the topper you see on Overstock.com labeled “Venus” was most likely manufactured by another company who purchased the Venus memory foam directly from us"

What they are saying is confusing, because of this sentence.

Manufactured by another company, yet purchased from them?  What? Are they implying they sold foam goo to another company, who then baked it into a nice bed pie? No, Maria, I'm still confused.
This message was modified Sep 6, 2009 by Lengradde
Reply #10 Sep 6, 2009 6:23 PM
Lengradde wrote:
For whatever it's worth, I ordered it following receipt of this response.

"the topper you see on Overstock.com labeled “Venus” was most likely manufactured by another company who purchased the Venus memory foam directly from us"

What they are saying is confusing, because of this sentence.

Manufactured by another company, yet purchased from them?  What? Are they implying they sold foam goo to another company, who then baked it into a nice bed pie? No, Maria, I'm still confused.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

jimsocal writing:

I am confused too. But my guess would be that when they say someone else manufactures their foam, they probably mean that they are selling the foam in reams to a company who is then just cutting it and putting it in packages and putting a name on it. I wish the person who originally wrote and got that response would write back and have them clarify what they meant... it is certainly not clear to me.

I will say that it feels quite good. I am using the overstock.com Venus as a 1" topper on my twin bed. Since they sell the King for the same price as the twin, we bought the king and cut it in half for 2 twin beds or for a 2" layer on one twin if we choose instead of a 1" layer on 2 twins. Personally I think 2" is too much - at least for me. So I do like it as a 1" topper.

That said, I think I might like the Sensus better and it's cheaper. It tears less easily and feels about the same to me. The only reason I am not using it is because I made the mistake of buying it in a 2" thick piece. Maybe they did not sell it in 1" thickness, I don't remember. But if I could buy it in 1" thickness and had it to do over, I'd buy the Sensus 1" instead of the Venus 1" because for the price I think the Sensus is a better deal.
Reply #11 Feb 2, 2010 11:35 AM
See my new thread: Counterfeit Venus foam from distributor Anatomic Global to overstock.com CONFIRMED BY OVERSTOCK!
This message was modified Feb 2, 2010 by Pete

Recent Posts