Airbeds
Jul 28, 2011 12:19 AM
Still investigating options, now I'm looking at airbeds. Not interested in the high-priced hyped brand (you know the one I mean) but looking at some of the other brands. Does anyone have any experience or advice about airbeds? Looking around the net a bit, some site(s) suggest they have a high satisfaction rating, above spring mattresses and about equal to latex. Some of them come with latex and other foam layers. I'd be interested if anyone has anything to share about their experience with airbeds, or knowledge about what to look for, avoid, or general advice. Companies, brands, features to look for or avoid - I'd be interested in any information. I have checked the archives. Looks like some pros and cons, like everything else. So I'd appreciate some fresh perspectives, if anyone has any to offer.

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate this forum and all the contributors to it.

Willy

Re: Airbeds
Reply #10 Jul 16, 2012 3:28 AM
tyeske wrote:

I own a King Boyd Nightair and have had it for 12 years. I am looking to replace it with a Latex bed.

I would not recommend an airbed based on the problems I've had with the bladders leaking air. My bladders (3 per side) on my King are extremely difficult to patch. They are made from some vulcanized rubber with fabric on the outside. The leaks are frequently on the corner seams and I can't seem to find anything that will hold.

The pillow top has really bad body impressions in it. Since the top cover zips off, I removed one layer of convoluted foam and that helped some. Then I added some foam to try to raise up the flattened out areas and it did help some too. Now it doesn't have the cushy feel that a pillow top has and we need to air one side up every day and the other side every couple of days.

If you must get an airbed, I would recommend getting one without a lot of padding on top and get yourself a cuddlebed or latex topper or something like that. This could be replaced when it breaks down.

Hope this helps.

I learn a lot from your experience with King Boyd Nightair.To be honest ,i was planning on buying a new one of this brand myself.After i read your post,i resolve to change my mind due to our house condition and the mattress  features.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Airbeds
Reply #11 Aug 2, 2012 2:43 PM
Air beds consist of a base, an air chamber (or two), and a few padding layers on top. Luxury Support Medallion has latex and memory foam, combining the best of all words for a great night's sleep. it is designed to provide a portable sleeping option on a raised air bed platform. It is also a great choice for camping or use outdoors.

Alex

Recent Posts