I'm just jumping into the latex bed market and am going to go with an adjustable base (Dual/Split king)
I have a few questions that I hope some of the fine folks here can help me with.
I'm looking at the Leggett and Platt S-Cape, Leggett and Platt Prodigy, Ergomotion 400, and Reverie Deluxe Beds.
As far as I can tell, the S-Cape, Ergomotion 400, and Reverie Deluxe are all very very similar. The weight limits on the Reverie seems to be a bit less than the S-cape (even with the DC motor). I have noticed that both the Reverie and Ergomotion are significantly cheaper than the S-Cape online though. The weight limit is a concern as a latex bed (half of one) is around 100lbs for a twin XL. If the Reverie has a weight limit of 300lbs on a twin, that only leaves 200lbs for a person, which I exceed. The S-Cape and Ergomotion appear to be around 400lbs (DC on S-Cape) which should be plenty.
I can find the S-Cape online for around $2100, the Ergomotion 400 for around $1500, and the Reverie Deluxe for around $1900. The prodigy looks to be around $3000.
1. Can anyone compare these beds from any practical experience with them? Quality? Ease of use? Noise? Features that I haven't noticed that make a difference in real world use?
2. Does anyone have a Prodigy? Do you think the extra features are proving to be worth an extra $1000?
3. Are Leggett and Platt beds that much better for some reason that they are so much more expensive?
4. Any suggestions on the best reliable place to get a good price on these adjustables?
5. Has anyone used the platform version of the S-Cape? It looks a to be significantly lower profile....
Thanks for your responses and help.
I love how helpful everyone is at this forum. It's a true pleasure. I finally got around to sign up.
Need opinions about a mattress - ronaldlud Nov 30, 2019 12:28 AM
Re: Tips : How to Choose a New Mattress - Adams988 Nov 28, 2019 7:05 AM
Plush - tossing - eileenmarie Nov 25, 2019 11:32 PM
Turning and Tossing - PercivalYost Nov 24, 2019 10:24 PM
Re: I still love my mattress (after a year)! - MissB Nov 24, 2019 8:26 AM
UPDATED 12 years after (!!!) Re: IKEA Erfjord 85% Natural, 15% Synthetic Mattress - Reviews, Opinions? Or should I just go for a Simmons Beautyrest? - Kane Nov 20, 2019 3:57 AM
Re: How to Choose The Perfect Mattresses - johnwick Nov 17, 2019 2:12 PM
Re: I still love my mattress (after a year)! - guardian911 Nov 15, 2019 8:25 AM