The Raphsody or Allura Bed??
Dec 5, 2012 9:13 PM
After a disappointing and uncomfortable experience on the Cloud Supreme Breeze  from Tempupedic, (see me recent post on Cloud Breeze hurting) we are geting ready to make a comfort exchange at the local retailer.  We must exchange the mattress - no refunds.  I spent over an hour today trying to compare the Raphsody and the Allura.  Both actually felt good?  There were subtle differences felt between the two but nothing drastic that stuck out.  I'm sure I'm going to exchange the Cloud for one of these two, so I'm asking for any experiences that people may have on these models to help me decide.  The Raphsody would be a even exchange but the Allura would be $1600 more for the split King (twin XLs).  Thanks....
Re: The Raphsody or Allura Bed??
Reply #1 Dec 6, 2012 3:01 PM
Allura owner here.  So I am biased.  But be aware that this bed is firm, firm, when you get it.  It takes a long time for it to condition and soften up.  I've had mine for several years and it seems like it is getting better with time.  As far as wear and tear, the thing looks brand new when the sheets are off.

It is far more supprotive than any latex or innerspring mattress I have owned.  If you are putting it on adjustable base, you're set for life as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck.  If you're going to get either one, get the one that feels best.  You will have it a very long time.

Reply #2 Dec 6, 2012 9:37 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

Allura owner here.  So I am biased.  But be aware that this bed is firm, firm, when you get it.  It takes a long time for it to condition and soften up.  I've had mine for several years and it seems like it is getting better with time.  As far as wear and tear, the thing looks brand new when the sheets are off.

It is far more supprotive than any latex or innerspring mattress I have owned.  If you are putting it on adjustable base, you're set for life as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck.  If you're going to get either one, get the one that feels best.  You will have it a very long time.

Thank you for your input.  Sounds like the Allura is holding up well.  I stopped by another mattress store today and gave the Allura and Rhapsody some more testing.  Unfortunately, I have to sleep overnight on a mattress to really know if I like it or not.  The Allura did feel a bit more "inviting".  I weigh 185 lbs so I want to make sure I get the support I need for the lower back, hips and shoulders along with the right comfort level.  We really disliked the Cloud Supreme - it started killing my back!  I'm mostly a back sleeper but I do turn to my side during the night and the CS ended up hurting my shoulders also.  It sounds like the HD foam might do the trick?  The Allura has 3/4" more of it than the Rhapsody so it may provide a bit better overall comfort and support. 

This message was modified Dec 7, 2012 by Kevin
Reply #3 Dec 7, 2012 2:42 PM
Your retailer sucks if they don't work with you a bit and have some flexability.  Where I bought mine, they have a money back gurantee (Minus shipping of a few hundred bucks, I think).  

Just keep in mind, It took me quite awhile to get used of the Allura.  It wasn't pleasant until I got used to it after 30 days or more.  It was very firm, and took a lot of walking on it to condition it.  I couldn't have bought it at a better place.  They were up front and very accurate on expectations.  Firm, takes awhile to get used to it, and walk on it.  If it doesn't get better after 30 days, then let's talk about an exchange (Their advice).  

Many reviews on this bed claim the same. Most Allura owners are happy.  Others never will be happy.  Better them than me I guess.

Reply #4 Dec 29, 2012 7:14 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

Well, we ended up getting the Allura.  Have had it for 3 weeks.  Feels firm but not super firm?  I was wondering how long it took before you really started to feel it change in softness?  It's not uncomfortable when I go to bed, but I am getting up with some stiffness in my back but it seems to go away as I get moving.  I know these beds can take some time to get use to and for the body to start to adjust.  As I understand your post, the bed became more comfortable over time?  It feels supportive but hoping the morniing stiffness will go away as the bed gets further broken in.   Thanks....

Recent Posts