Need advice on a Miralux
Aug 30, 2008 10:47 PM
I purchased a Miralux mattress from Sleepys today and went in thinking I was going to look at and buy one of the known "S" brands. Well the Saleswoman had some rountine and I ended up purchasing a Miralux Splendor. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm an adult and could make my own decisions and stopped the transaction. It did feel like the most comfortable of all the mattresses out tried out.   But now I've been checking online (this site and others) and reading some really negative comments and am having second thoughts.  My delivery is scheduled for next weekend - Sep.6 - and no $$ was put down yet (I financed it). If I sleep on this so to speak and decide tomorrow to cancel my order will Sleepys do it or give me a hard time? Would really appreciate a reply to that question or better if anyone has a good report on this brand to ease my concerns.  thanks.
Re: Need advice on a Miralux
Reply #1 Aug 31, 2008 5:32 AM
Sleepy's is an east coast firm, and while I've had no experience with them (I'm on the west coast) from just reading the negative comments about this company posted on the forum if they opened up out here I would avoid them like the plague. If you do decide to cancel your order be sure to report back and let us know how it goes.

I can't stress enough the importance of understanding exactly what your options are with regards to cancellations / returns / exchanges BEFORE you make any purchase--especially a big one like a mattress. It's not the kind of purchase that should be made hastily. You have to spend 8 hours on this thing every night. NEVER let some slick salesperson pressure you into anything. If you feel like you're getting the hard sell walk away. There are other mattress stores out there. Take the time to shop carefully.

Reply #2 Aug 31, 2008 10:35 PM
You have three days to cancel your mattress order if it has not yet been delivered. Always cancel in writing with the manager signing off that he or she has read the cancellation form and make two copies for him or her to sign so you can keep one copy. They are sleazy and my credit card company got my faxed letter to let them know I canceled the next day and Sleepy's took way over 30 days to give me back my money since they charged my credit card right away.
Reply #3 Sep 1, 2008 9:57 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback. Well I did cancel the purchase with Sleepys by telephone and followed up with a letter. I literally could not sleep most of Saturday night stressing over the poor choice I made and how taken in I was (i'm a NY'er darnit, supposed to know better!). Anyway, I didn't require a refund because no deposit was put down. I opted to finance instead. The telephone representative was helpful, cancelled the order, asked my reasons (which is understandable) but here's the thing that got me - he put me on hold for about a minute to supposedly process the cancellation, returned and asked if "price" was one of my reasons. Because if it was, he was in a position to make an offer that the store representatives are not able to make.  I was not changing my mind but asked what he could do just out of curiousity. He was able to offer me the same miralux set at $799! Are they kidding, down $600 in less than 24hrs?  It was early Sunday morning, I didn't want to get hostile or angry, I simply said thanks but no thanks.

I immediately drove over to MACY'S where I had some great experiences in the past with their furniture department. They were having some good holiday sales on mattresses and purchased a Serta mattress/box spring plus added protection plan for a grand total that came out to more than $100 LESS than Sleepys so-called better offer to retain my business. No bargining or haggling from Macys just honest professional service.

Reply #4 Sep 1, 2008 12:41 PM
g45inkg, I am proud of you for going with your gut feeling and canceling on time to deal with an honest company.  Please keep us updated on how you end up liking your new bed from Macy's.

Recent Posts