Need Help Latex Mattress
Oct 23, 2011 11:20 AM
Two years ago after much research I purchased a Habitat Latex 9" Skybed. After having the bed for less than one month we were still waking up with backaches. After a few discussions with Habitat Furnishing they convinced us to try a 2" Latex topper. This made the bed tolerable but still was not right for a $3000.00 investment. To make a long story short we should have returned the mattress and topper but let the 180 day warranty expire. Now after two years the bed is to the point of not being able to sleep on it. Both my wife and I waking up with backaches. The mattress appears to be in good shape. My question is what can I do to salvage the bed? Is there another topper I can try? Should I try Foam or a different latex?

Habitat Skybed  Top layer 3" Natural Talalay Bottom Layer 6" Natural Dunlop

Latex Topper Pad only info they give is 100% Latex

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Need Help Latex Mattress
Reply #1 Oct 23, 2011 6:30 PM
It sounds to me like the problem is more fundamental than tweaking the topper, for whatever reason the mattress just is not right for you.
Re: Need Help Latex Mattress
Reply #2 Oct 23, 2011 10:22 PM
Wooddog -

Before anyone can make any suggestions, you really need to get more info on your bed. What ILD is the 6" core and find out what the 3" top layer and the 2" topper are.

Once you have that info, then we need to know how you sleep (back, side, stomach), height and weight. This criteria will help determine that best place to start.

I'm no expert, but have been doing a lot of reading. If you provide this info, hopefully someone can chime in and give some suggestions.

Recent Posts