My hips hurt with DIY mattress
Feb 20, 2012 9:14 AM
I finally finished my DIY mattress and am having a little low back pain and in hips too.

Here is the finished break down top to bottom.

2" MF 4lb density

2  1" med latex

8" spa sensation mattress from Wally world. (2" 3lb density MF, 1" air flow foam, 4" HD36).

When I slept on the 8" spa sensation only, I slept pretty good with very little pain in hips, but only slept 4-5 nights.

I have to much money invested in the MF and Latex toppers to ditch them.

I tried sandwiching the MF topper between the 2 1" latex and it's to bouncy. Felt uncomfortable.

Now I don't know whether I need a 1" 5lb density MF or 1" 3lb density MF or what I need?

Any suggestions?

Re: My hips hurt with DIY mattress
Reply #1 Mar 21, 2012 10:34 PM
If you are a side sleeper you have to look at a firmer bed to support your hips. My wife is a side sleeper and she has the problem of her hips in her side as well as lower back problem. When you lay down on your bed your back should be straight. Have someone look at you from the back while you are laying on your side and have them check to see if you have a straight line from your hips to your neck. If not, adjust according. Your shape of your spine determines your comfort, not how much you spend on a bed. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts