My Mattress Topper Experiences
Jul 19, 2008 9:05 PM
OK, my Simmons Beautyrest mattress is a high-quality mattress but as we all know we need a topper to make it a little softer, especially if you are a side sleeper (as I am).

I have purchased 3 different mattress toppers:
1. 2" soft latex by foambymail.com
2. 2" super soft conventional foam by foambymail.com
3. 3" memory foam Isotonic by Bed Bath & Beyond (the one in the orange box - the topper has big holes in it)

I have tried every which combination of the 3 above.

I purchased the conventional foam because they told me that the memory foam tends to run hot.  OK, conventional foam is the worst.  It is the softest foam that they make but it's like sleeping on a lawn chair.  It just feels not right.

The latex is a pretty supportive and good material but the problem with latex is that it is not squishy.  If you had a piece of crap bed, you can correct that bed by having 2 inches of latex I would imagine.  Even the soft latex supports you significantly; I would imagine the firm latex to do it even more. 

I like the Isotonic memory foam.  It's not the 3" of memory foam (Therapedic) - that is a crap product - it is the Isotonic one for $299 (King size).  It has the right amount of squishiness but you are still being supported by the bed underneath.

So as of today, I am just using the Isotonic memory foam, and I will most likely throw in the garbage the conventional foam and the latex.  
Re: My Mattress Topper Experiences
Reply #1 Jul 23, 2008 5:12 AM
Foam By Mail allows you to return latex and memory foam toppers within 30 days for a full refund less shipping charges. On the conventional foam you're out of luck. But why throw it away? You can always find some use for it. Chair cushions, extra padding for sleep-overs etc.
This message was modified Jul 23, 2008 by cloud9

Recent Posts